Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-26-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
corvair65
corvair65 began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Nexus 7
Two different books with the same cover

I have 2 different books that somehow ended up with the same cover. I have the correct cover for the book that has the wrong cover, but every time I've tried to change in Calibre it it comes back with the same wrong cover.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or how to get it correct?
corvair65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:26 AM   #2
BetterRed
iconoclast/null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvair65 View Post
I have 2 different books that somehow ended up with the same cover. I have the correct cover for the book that has the wrong cover, but every time I've tried to change in Calibre it it comes back with the same wrong cover.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or how to get it correct?
To change a cover drop a new image in the Book Details sidebar (on the right - or bottom if you moved it).

Where does 'it come back'? If you mean on your device I think you need to re-Send the book.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 07-29-2016, 10:18 PM   #3
corvair65
corvair65 began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Nexus 7
New problem with Moon+ Reader Pro

First let me thank those who responded to my problem with 2 different books with the same cover.

Tonight I was adding some more books to my Moon+ reader Pro list of books. In the past it always seemed to have 2 books that wouldn't open, but not always the same books, if I had reloaded them. When you tried to open them I would get a Message that more or less said the had problems, but I couldn't make any sense of it. The epubs worked when they were first installed OK, but not now, and they are not usually the same epubs. Tonight, was different, every epub I clicked on would come up with it. At that point I turned off the computer, restarted it and haven't opened it since, fearing it might be a virus of some sort. I fell back to Cool Reader for the time being.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
corvair65 is offline   Reply With Quote