Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-26-2016, 04:34 AM   #1
dangelo
dangelo began at the beginning.

Device: none
font problem when adding books

Hello,

I'm running calibre 2.65 on arch linux 64-bit. When I go to "add books", I end up with a dialog screen of white squares/blocks and no text. It seems there's a font issue. I've run fc-cache to clear the font cache. I also tried deleting ~/.cache/calibre to no avail.

I managed to add books a long time ago so I'm not quite sure when this happened. And everything else seems to be working fine. But I'm not at a loss as to how to try to fix what again I assume is a font issue.

This is limited to calibre - all other applications are working fine.

I'd be very grateful for a steer as to how to fix this.

Thanks!

Dangelo
dangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A screenshot would be useful. And note that you can always add books by drag and drop onto the book list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 08-26-2016, 05:22 AM   #3
dangelo

Thanks for the reply - I've attached a screenshot. Thanks again, D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-08-26_11-17-38.png
Views:	33
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	151183  
Old 08-26-2016, 05:36 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have no idea what would cause that, but you can work around it by setting, the environment variable CALIBRE_NO_NATIVE_FILEDIALOGS as described here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cust...ment-variables
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:20 AM   #5
dangelo

Thanks very much - setting the environment variable worked a treat! Cheers, D