|04-19-2015, 08:36 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Porfolio View for quick selection/removing document
I don't know whether Calibre has this functionality. If not I want to request for a feature that it really really useful for filtering/selection in the pile of misc documents.
The problem is I have in my computer a lot of old documents, ebooks with various formats. Some of them are important, some are not. I have to filter them but have to open the associated program, for example adobe reader, microsoft word, notepad++, ...etc. Why don't we implement a function for:
1. Calibre to point to the folder, for example, "D:\MyMiscDocuments" then
2. Calibre will generate a quick view of the all the docs, and display them as a portfolio (alike PDF porfolio created by Adobe Acrobat).
3. From there, user can view the document quickly without using different associated programs (if they want to edit the docs, they have to use the appropriate software).
4. User can decide to:
- keep the item by insert it into the library by pressing [Insert],
- delete the item to recycle bin if they don't need it by pressing [Delete]
- can quickly turn the page to see more contents by pressing [page up] or [page down].
I believe that is function is practical for calibre users. I use to work with various documents for a education project, it's quite boring slow for a traditional way to sort them though.
|filtering, porfolio, selection, sorting, view|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Change in selection in List View?||BookJunkieLI||Calibre||3||09-01-2014 05:24 PM|
|replace in book view changes view to code view||cybmole||Sigil||4||10-28-2012 01:20 PM|
|Removing "New" stamp in covers view||Zabet||Sony Reader||13||12-24-2011 04:01 PM|
|New Quick View feature||jesscat||Library Management||8||06-27-2011 12:52 PM|
|quick question regarding removing books||oncdoc||Amazon Kindle||2||07-26-2009 09:53 PM|