Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Frogger0706
Frogger0706 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
USB Connection Question

So I accidentally bent the original USB cord that came with my reader and it wouldn't work on anything yesterday. Wouldn't even register on the reader or my phone. So I tossed it. I plugged in a rocketfish cord today and it says that the reader is charging but my computer isn't registering the device is even attached, therefore I cannot transfer files. Does anyone have any knowledge or input on this? I do have the USB cord that came with my Droid Incredible (sadly not with me at work). Do you think that will allow for transfers?
Frogger0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I can positively confirm that the USB cable that came with your Droid Incredible will work to charge the Reader and transfer files.

I have my DI cable with me and it does charge my 650. Just connected cable to my work pc and recognizes it as an external drive while also charging.

As to the problem with your rocketfish cord, I have a secondary USB cable for my DI that has two connectors. First connector is when I'm charging and the second connector is used to transfer files. I believe each connector is wired differently or one has more power than the other.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Frogger0706

Use the "introduce myself" link below to let us all welcome you properly.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Most newer standard USB to micro-USB cables should work. Thankfully this is a fairly standardized cable.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
Frogger0706
Frogger0706 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 350
Thanks for the response. I was able to run home on lunch and the DI cord does work. My computer recognizes the ereader again and I was able to transfer my book over. Yeah!!! So the rocketfish cord will be for charging only, that is so weird!

*** intro post done too
Frogger0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert