Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #1
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm=> Ebookman=> IPaq=> Axim=> Cybook=> Kindle 2=>IPAD 1 & Kindle 3SO
Free from John Dalmas

*** PDF Warning ***

One of the authors that I really enjoy is John Dalmas. He has written science fiction and fantasy for a number of years now. Anyway, John is slowly converting his backlist and offering it for free. You can find the first several titles on his web site here:

http://www.johndalmas.com/area/Catalog/

These are free, but there is a paypal donate button on the site. Dalmas (actually his pen name, not his real name) is 84 years old and living on social security these days, so I'm sure he wouldn't turn down any donations that you offer.

I have enjoyed quite a few of his books, but two of my most favorite were "The General's President" and "The Varkaus Conspiracy". I can't wait for those to join his free list, but you can bet that I will be paying for them through the donate button.

The one downside is that Dalmas seems to be releasing them only in pdf format. I have sent him an email offering tips/help if he was interested in exploring conversion to other formats, but I didn't see any response from him. At this time, it looks like I'll have to be happy with the one format that the books are available in (unencrypted pdf), and I will happily take them any way I can get them.

MLH
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
I've got several of his books in paperback. I wouldn't say they were great, but enjoyable enough that I kept buying them.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-03-2010, 04:24 AM   #3
pdurrant
Santa Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Fifteen of his back catalogue are available at webscriptions.net in multiple formats (but cost money, of course).

The Lion of Farside is in the Baen free library,
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote