Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
Tvangeste
Enthusiast
Tvangeste began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondrejandrej View Post
Pdfs typically have margins already, so this is a waste of space.
Hear, hear! I've been searching for this problem's solution for a while now, and so far -- no luck. The hacks to remove margins from AZW/MOBI books gave me some (small) hope, but it seems that that hack is indeed only for AZW/MOBI and can't be applied to PDF.

It is painful to see so much space wasted on those stupid and non-needed extra margins.
Tvangeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #17
baccilus
Enthusiast
baccilus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvangeste View Post
Hear, hear! I've been searching for this problem's solution for a while now, and so far -- no luck. The hacks to remove margins from AZW/MOBI books gave me some (small) hope, but it seems that that hack is indeed only for AZW/MOBI and can't be applied to PDF.

It is painful to see so much space wasted on those stupid and non-needed extra margins.
I have recently been looking for a solution to this. Even after cropping my PDFs with BRISS, my Kindle displays big spaces around the text. I have reduced the margins to 0 in my Kindle settings but that only makes difference to non-pdf files.
baccilus is offline   Reply With Quote