Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #16
Rinzwind
Connoisseur
Rinzwind began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G UK 3.03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
I'm currently doing universal localization tool. Please, wait a little time, and I will send translation files to all interested persons.
Cool!
Rinzwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:05 AM   #17
Mountain King
Mountain King began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
I'm currently doing universal localization tool. Please, wait a little time, and I will send translation files to all interested persons.
Very nice!!!

Thank you. Cannot wait...
Mountain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #18
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
See attached zip file for translation files, it consists of:
*.strings - Original strings extracted from *.class files, use it for reference only.
*.translation - Strings files with Russian translation in UTF-8 encoding. You must open each *.translation file, and replace Russian translation to your. Each line contains:
<original string>TAB<translated string>
Also, strings may contains "~~" or "$$" symbols, this is replacement for CR, LF, You must copy it to translation too into same place.

There also some of *.properties files, to translate it, I used ResourceBundle Editor plugin for Eclipse. But if you simple replace English strings with your (use UTF-8 encoding), I will convert it to proper format later.

When you done, send this files back to me and I will made update.bin file.

P.S. I can make update for 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 firmware only!
Attached Files
File Type: zip k3_0.04_3.0.3.zip (1.39 MB, 1416 views)
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #19
Mountain King
Mountain King began at the beginning.

Hi Sir_Alex,
Can you upload the origin resource (in English)?
I cannot translate *any* string in *.translate 'cause I dont know it's mean.

Tks
Mountain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #20
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Hi Mountain King,
*.translation files already have original strings! Each line is: <Original string>TAB<Translated string>
in example:
Settings Настройки
you must replace this line with:
Settings Einstellungen

Also, you can found *.strings files, where you can find original raw strings.
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #21
krzyk
krzyk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Dear Sir Alex,

Sorry for being a total noob in terms of Kindle hacking, but how does the translation patch work? Does it replace the original files, so in order to bring the EN version back you need to apply another update with "original" files? And so if 3.0.4 is released you need to redo the translation and patch again (I guess that's the only option)?

Thanks,
Krzyk
krzyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #22
Sir Alex
Groupie

Hi krzyk,
Yes you are right! Localization update copy translated JARs to Kindle and backup original. Uninstaller copy backup files back. If you need to update Kindle to 3.0.4 you must first uninstall localization update and apply 3.0.4 firmware update.

P.S. New localization update (0.05) will patch files on-board (on Kindle) so it can be applied to any firmware (K3 of course).
Old 11-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #23
Gosub
Gosub began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon 516, Kindle 3, iPad
Hi,

I just discovered this thread. Great to hear to a translation is possible. Impressive. Is there a German translation already available?

Thanks.
Gosub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #24
Sir Alex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosub View Post
I just discovered this thread. Great to hear to a translation is possible. Impressive. Is there a German translation already available?
No. There is only Russian translation ready. Another team started to translate files to Polish.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #25
Gosub

Ok, thanks. Does it make sense to do the translation with the 0.04 files that you posted above, or is it better to wait for your 0.05 release?
Old 11-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #26
Sir Alex
Groupie

@Gosub, If you want to start translation, you can use this latest translation files:
http://www.audi-bel.com/kindle/3.0.3.zip
There is also a lot of images to translate.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #27
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
You would think amazon would make it easy to switch languages.. localization file with strings would seem pretty simple to just drop into the system folder.. should ask them why this isn't there.. then again this goes for a lot of things, like external font support and such (idk if that's supported on K3 i have DX)
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:14 AM   #28
jendos
jendos began at the beginning.

Quote:
No. There is only Russian translation ready. Another team started to translate files to Polish.
Hi Sir Alex,
I can do translation to Czech, because I need it. Is there anybody doing translation into this language? I can join.
jendos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #29
Gosub

Quote:
@Gosub, If you want to start translation, you can use this latest translation files:
http://www.audi-bel.com/kindle/3.0.3.zip
There is also a lot of images to translate.
Thanks. I am working on it now. How do I install those updated files on the K3?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #30
Sir Alex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosub View Post
Thanks. I am working on it now. How do I install those updated files on the K3?
Send translated files to me and i'll make update file for Kindle and send back to you. I'm currently working on an automatic translation builder, so that you can do it themselves (make updates).

Tags
localization