Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2016, 03:26 AM   #1
njmd
njmd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question 3m Library Cloud on Kindle Touch

Hi, sorry for starting a new thread but I feel that I've got a good reason.

I've been trying to get access to ebooks from my local library on my Kindle Touch. I'm happy to jailbreak it but I couldn't really find anything about what to do next. Can you think of any alternative os or an app that allows reading 3m cloud library ebooks on jailbroken KT?

The way you transfer ebooks from 3m CL to other readers (Nook or Kobo) means that the 3mCL windows app would have to see my KT as a different reader.

Any ideas?
njmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
There is no direct method for getting 3m Cloud library ebooks on the Kindle.

The only way yo do this is to first strip the DRM, and then convert the ebook to Kindle format.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:46 AM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
3M cloud does not support Kindle formats or Kindle DRM. What Nate says is correct. However, you should be aware that removing drm from library books is frowned upon and not supported by Mobileread, Apprentice Alf's blog or the developers of the tools and plugins used for removing DRM. The purpose of the tools (and the plugin) is to enable you to make full use of the ebooks you "own".
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:23 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Please tell your library they should stop cheaping out, and instead switch to OverDrive which actually supports the most popular US E-Ink ereader.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote