Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #16
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Customers may not care so much who gets paid for the book - but the people who can sue them do.

There is one "bright" side to all this though: it means that eBook sales have reached the point that publishers care about the lost revenue.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Also, while I tend to use Fictionwise more than BoB, they sell e-magazine subscriptions, I think BoB is probably the best store for current bestsellers for the Sony.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 05:39 AM   #18
abuzakour
abuzakour began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Also, while I tend to use Fictionwise more than BoB, they sell e-magazine subscriptions, I think BoB is probably the best store for current bestsellers for the Sony.
but looks like powell's books is cheaper !

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/bibli...780470439319-0
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...33629&v=buynow
abuzakour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #19
ejereader
ejereader began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Just bought a book at Sony for $14 that sold for $21 at BoB. I would not assume that one place is better or cheapre than another.
ejereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:35 AM   #20
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Yeah it depends...I found a new release at the Sony website for $11 when at BoB It was close to $20. I just depends on the book. Then, other books have been much cheaper at BoB, since they take an extra percentage off, and sometimes they even have e-rewards.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #21
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Sorry for the silly question, but if I wanted to buy the book Wonderful Tonight (https://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook68164.htm?cache) to read on my sony-prs505, the format options they give me are:

- Secure eReader
- Mobipocket
- Microsoft Reader

None of these are "LRF". Which format will work on my prs-505?
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #22
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
Sorry for the silly question, but if I wanted to buy the book Wonderful Tonight (https://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook68164.htm?cache) to read on my sony-prs505, the format options they give me are:

- Secure eReader
- Mobipocket
- Microsoft Reader

None of those would work for the 505 unless you converted them, and unfortunately I don't know how to do that so I can't really give you any more advice.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #23
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
- Secure eReader
- Mobipocket
- Microsoft Reader
These formats are not native to the PRS505, so they will not work without converting them to LRF or EPUB.

If this book has DRM you first have to remove it. Once removed you can use a tool like calibre to convert it.

Calibre recommends buying msreader format first, then mobipocket. Calibre cannot conver ereader formats.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote