Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #376
Dee Q
Born Yesterday
Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Kindle Scribe
Guys, I'm green with envy over here. Another week for me before I can lay my hand on her.
Dee Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:16 PM   #377
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
I think you just might be a bit of a Troll. No?
Just put him on your ignore list. Then you won't see his comments. Better than feeding him!
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #378
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Here are finally pics of mine. Anyone else see that the top is pinkish and the bottom greenish? By no means as drastic as last year, but I am just so sick of green and pink.

Last edited by xendula; 10-03-2013 at 01:46 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #379
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I do see it on yours xendula, yes. It's not bad like last years, but I see it nonetheless. :\
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #380
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Here are finally pics of mine. Anyone else see that the top is pinkish and the bottom greenish? By no means as drastic as last year, but I am just so sick of green and pink.

Sorry, this one is upside down. The one on the left is the old PW, the one on the right the new one.
I can see it, though it is faint in the photos. I'm guessing it looks more pronounced in person. I also see a very pronounced extra bright area near the upper left side of the third photo from top. That would bother me.

Is the last photo of your PW1 on the left and PW2 on the right? If so the PW2 is a great improvement over the PW1 you have.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-02-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Advert
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #381
Dee Q
Born Yesterday
Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Kindle Scribe
Quote:
To my eyes, your screen looks good enough.
Dee Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 PM   #382
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Is the last photo of your PW1 on the left and PW2 on the right? If so the PW2 is a great improvement over the PW1 you have.
I agree with Jack, here. While I see it, your new PW2 is a vast improvement.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #383
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:

Sorry, this one is upside down. The one on the left is the old PW, the one on the right the new one.

I see yours a bit but I think it still looks nice. Didnt you say yours had a pinhole somewhere? I don't see that.

Last edited by volwrath; 10-03-2013 at 09:03 AM.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #384
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
They're faint, but they are there. I do agree with Dee Q that it looks "good enough," but it's your Kindle and not mine.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #385
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
I got my PW2 today, and the screen and lighting are a marked improvement over any of the PW1s I tried last year. I still have "Blotchula", the least bad PW1 from my quest last year. The new PW2 doesn't have any noticeable (to me, anyway) pink or gray blobs, like Blotchula has.

I haven't had time to compare it to either of my Kobos yet.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #386
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Anyone else see that the top is pinkish and the bottom greenish?
Yep, it's faint but I see it. Can't say what I'd do personally. I guess I'd try reading a book or two on it and see if it bothered me in actual usage situations. If it did it would go back no matter how much I might like the device overall.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #387
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
So far, so good with mine!

Last edited by whitearrow; 10-03-2013 at 12:58 AM.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #388
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks everyone for answering.

Thing is, good enough is not really what I strive for in a new device I purchase, or else I'd stay with my PW1, so I'm trying for one without issues.

Last edited by xendula; 10-02-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #389
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
I got my PW2 today, and the screen and lighting are a marked improvement over any of the PW1s I tried last year. I still have "Blotchula", the least bad PW1 from my quest last year. The new PW2 doesn't have any noticeable (to me, anyway) pink or gray blobs, like Blotchula has.

I haven't had time to compare it to either of my Kobos yet.
OMG, I am on the phone with Amazon and had to laugh out loud when I saw what you called your old PW!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #390
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Mine came today and it is superior to my 1st gen PW. Even lighting, noticeably better contrast, even the "white" is a different shade of white more ivory than pale gray.

I have page numbers now, too.

My 1st gen PW was fine, no blotches, only minor flaws in the lighting. I read many books on it and have already transferred my books to the new PW.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote