Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
orenr
orenr began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800SG
B&N DRM: what if I cancel my credit card?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, or if it's been answered before.

The B&N DRM is based on user name + credit card number. That's great, but what happens if I cancel my credit card?

I can register a new CC and buy more books, that's fine. But can I read the old books? What if later I buy a new eReader, won't it get authorized only with the new number?

Are there any scenarios under which I won't be able to read the books I buy today, say ten years from now?
orenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The old credit card info will still work to unlock the ebook. The problem comes if you forget the info, at that point no one can unlock it.

If the ebook store (in this case B&N) is still in business, you can usually re-download the ebook with the new credit card info if you want.

Well designed eReader ebook Readers will accept multiple credit cards. I think this applies to the Nook.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert