Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Jetbook Mini

Jetbook Mini is on sale for $79.99/free shipping at Newegg.com today.
Has anyone bought one yet? Like it? Will they ever support epub?
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I can't imagine much enthusiasm here for a txt and fb2 only reader for more than $50. I can see a sucker buying any brand's cheap junk at a drug store, but I imagine that newegg's customer's are knowledgeable, and won't have any interest in the Mini at this price.

Last year newegg put the JBL on sale ca. Dec 13. We'll see if they do the same this year.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I purchased jetBook mini for $79.99 today. I hope to get it begin of next week.There are many good reviews about this unit on russian forum so I decided to check it.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I purchased jetBook mini for $79.99 today. I hope to get it begin of next week.There are many good reviews about this unit on russian forum so I decided to check it.
" but to give more than ten thousand rubles for his own whim, my built-toad is not allowed."

That sounds like an eloquent and ringing endorsement.

But I am intrigued and tempted. If only there were a B and M dealer.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:03 AM   #5
DLI
Banned
DLI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: jetBook, Kindle
I bought 4 units for Christmas gifts. Loaded them with my favorite books, which makes a unique gift for every person I will give it to. I love this unit. Very simple and compact. The downside (or upside) you have to keep upgrading the software as they release new upgrades every week.
DLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I found a nice video about jetBook mini here
It looks like Canadian TV shopping channel
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #7
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
nice video Kris, i wonder if it'll b on QVC here anytime soon.

its priced real well and jetBook fans know how the updates always bring something new to the table in terms of format support and other issues.

i usualy download books in epub as its my favorite format but converting them with calibre to txt looks good too
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
I personally think the mini is cool if you know what you are doing in the eBook world. You know where to get books, how to convert them and so on.

I think a kindle is for the Sheap of the population. Want to be told what to do, how to do it and how much to pay. Baaa.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Watching that video, I think that the jetBook Mini is better than we have given it credit for.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
The sales pitch made me want to order one!

But they really glossed over buying and borrowing books. Wouldn't you have to de-DRM just about everything? If the price went down to near $50, I might talk myself into a blue one as a backup ...
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If the low power Jetbook Mini can have a few games, why not the other Jetbooks?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I notice that on that Shopping Channel video, they are focusing on the children's market.

I had no idea that they are preloading 1,000 books on it.

Last week, Newegg had the black for $79.99 with free shipping. It comes with a 2 gig SD card, which in my neighborhood normally goes for $10 (a little high compared to web stores, I know). So that brought the effective price down to $69.99, which is pretty darn low.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
The 1000 free books are listed here.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #14
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

I understood the fellow in the Shopping Network video to say that calibre is loaded onto the Mini. Did I hear that right?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #15
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
The 1000 free books are listed here.
Not many that I want to read! However, give them good marks for coming up with a list other than what they loaded onto the JB and JBL, so that their repeat customers will have a new selection.