Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Table of contents conversion problem...

I have this book in HTML format.

When I convert it to Epub (Calibre 0.5.14) it seems ok, but the table of contents is full of links that go nowhere except the beginning of the book.

If I convert the book to MOBI with Mobi Creator, the table of contents works fine in Mobireader. If I convert the resulting MOBI book to Epub with calibre, then the table of contents works fine.

Why is that? if the TOC works with MOBI Creator, and Calibre can convert that MOBI book fine, why not the original HTML?

Here is a RAR archive with the appropiate files.

http://tradewars.dnsdojo.org/files/test.rar

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to fine tune the detection of the table of contents. Mobipocket creator uses different assumptions about how to generate a table of contents from an html file, which happen to match this html file better than calibre's.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
now that I've reformatted my PC I'm able to get Calibre working but I'm getting the same problem.

Could you explain how to "fine tune" the detection of TOC.

For me, all the chapters in the first split of the book work but all the other chapters are listed in the TOC but have no links.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #4
ayman07
Ayman
ayman07 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
i think what he means is, correct me if I am way off, you need to be more specific in telling calibre where the chapters are in the book. so if you have an <h2> in front of every chapter, and you tell calibre to just find <h2> it sometimes wont work, like in my case. so you then have to tell calibre to look in specific areas of the text for the h2 code. im still trying to figure it out myself. check out this link:

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_manual/xpath.html

look at the part where it says "select by tag content". it may help you. i think the more specific you get with telling calibre to look for your tags the better the outcome. i could be totally off but i am sure that is what he means. as i said, im still trying to figure out this whole thing myself.
ayman07 is offline   Reply With Quote