Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
There's the ePub Zen Garden too
Yes, but I can say with some assuredness that much of what is in the ePUBZenGarden does not work in most readers. Unfortunate, but true. Love what they do with the place, though.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #17
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Just a quick note for the OP:

This sounds a lot like what Wil Wheaton did with Just a Geek; have you looked at that? The book is broken up into chapters, each of which is a narrative with blog posts quoted as they become relevant. Worked pretty well, but I did notice that on my Kobo Glo, the blog sections were usually long enough that they'd force a page/screen break; they didn't just flow inline. (And that's with pretty basic div.blog formatting.)
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganucopia View Post
Thanks Notjohn for the heads up on right indents and on using absolute measurements for images. Very good tips!
Actually, I now use RELATIVE measurements, having discovered that the Fire HD and especially the 8.9 inch tablet don't seem to zoom images the way older Kindles do. So I go width="95%" or in the case of a "sort" or other icon, something like width="10%". This seems to render just fine on my Nook as well.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Actually, I now use RELATIVE measurements, having discovered that the Fire HD and especially the 8.9 inch tablet don't seem to zoom images the way older Kindles do. So I go width="95%" or in the case of a "sort" or other icon, something like width="10%". This seems to render just fine on my Nook as well.
NJ:

What are you doing for the K7 devices/fallback, as that won't work for those?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blogs, embedding, epub, formatting