Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #36286
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
In these days of water conservation, and Health & Safety restrictions, I bet they don't do that anymore...
They do in the north-east. Less of a water problem there than other parts of the country.

Quote:
Right now I'm tuning my new DAB radio. After years of searching (not every day, you understand) I have finally found a DAB radio that is shower proof, so I can at last ditch my old shower radio and actually get some proper reception (and non-FM radio stations). Looking forward to my shower later today .
Shower radio? I can understand a bath radio. Baths are for relaxing in. But shower? I'm in and out in about 5 minutes. Prolly a holdover from my military days, but I lather up, scrub with either a lufa or a Japanese wash cloth (a lufa is softer...) rinse off and out. Add in an extra 2 minutes if I need to shave my neck. I wouldn't have time to let the radio tubes warm up!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #36287
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
They do in the north-east. Less of a water problem there than other parts of the country.

Shower radio? I can understand a bath radio. Baths are for relaxing in. But shower? I'm in and out in about 5 minutes. Prolly a holdover from my military days, but I lather up, scrub with either a lufa or a Japanese wash cloth (a lufa is softer...) rinse off and out. Add in an extra 2 minutes if I need to shave my neck. I wouldn't have time to let the radio tubes warm up!

Stitchawl
Ah, but you don't do a full shave, do you? I'm in there for quarter of an hour, then another quarter of an hour dressing and primping, so half an hour for me is a long time with no music/news. Also I can use it in the bathroom, where I may well soak for an hour while I read. And I'm taking more baths at the moment to soothe my sore leg and back .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #36288
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
In these days of water conservation, and Health & Safety restrictions, I bet they don't do that anymore...

Right now I'm tuning my new DAB radio. After years of searching (not every day, you understand) I have finally found a DAB radio that is shower proof, so I can at last ditch my old shower radio and actually get some proper reception (and non-FM radio stations). Looking forward to my shower later today .
Am I the only one in the Colonies that had to look up the definition of 'DAB'?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #36289
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Nope, I had to look it up also. Shower radios were a really big gift item a few years ago along with a non-fog shower mirror. I use to blast the radio while getting ready in the morning.

Right now, I am going in and out doing little bits of clean up and watering in the back yard. It is already too hot to be out there for very long, even with shade.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #36290
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah, but you don't do a full shave, do you? I'm in there for quarter of an hour, then another quarter of an hour dressing and primping, so half an hour for me is a long time with no music/news. Also I can use it in the bathroom, where I may well soak for an hour while I read. And I'm taking more baths at the moment to soothe my sore leg and back .
No full shave. Not since the day I mustered out of the Military. I just keep my neck clean, a two minute process in the shower. No need for combing hair either as I use an electric clipper to chop down everything that baldness misses. Dressing is almost as fast, especially here; T-shirt and shorts are the daily uniform. The only time I'm in the bathroom for any length of time is to read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
No, I had to look it up too. I wonder if it will become the preferred method of broadcasting?

Stitchawl
Old 07-28-2013, 02:19 AM   #36291
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It has finally cooled down a bit so today it cleaning day. However, since it's only just past 8 am and the neighbours probably wouldn't appreciate me vacuuming this early I'll wait until 10 am or so (all the other cleaning I already did). Until then I'm doing some maintenance on my ebook library, downloading description and cover for books that haven't them.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #36292
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Quote:
No, I had to look it up too. I wonder if it will become the preferred method of broadcasting?
That is/was the intention, though the take-up has not been as successful as was first hoped. It was going to allow for the switching off of the analogue transmitters in the UK by 2015, but this is now under question. Part of the problem is that the reception is not always as great as was first promised, and you need a proper aerial to get it to work. Some of the features are great and worth having (if you can accept the shortcomings) - scrolling display of the current programme/song, access to many more stations, and with certain sets you can pause and rewind (Tivo-like).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #36293
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today I took my art supplies with me to my friends' place to see how dirty they were. My art bin was open on my desk during the fire. It seems that in those 2 months it has un-stunk itself. Even my sketchbook, which has a bit of discolouring on the outside doesn't smell!

I'll still give the artbin and the contents a good clean but I'm very happy my things don't smell. To celebrate I'm making a wishlist on DickBlick.com and I'm going to ask how much shipping to the Netherlands will cost.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #36294
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Considering doing art course in drawing. To really get into drawing again and a refresh course for what I was once taught. Either at the art centre or an online/mail course. I'm tempted to go for the latter, since I can do it in my own time instead of a set time each week and you get a bunch of supplies.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #36295
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just finished mowing the lawn - and a much needed shower! Now for a little sit-down with a good book ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #36296
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Just finished mowing the lawn - and a much needed shower! Now for a little sit-down with a good book ....
Say... I just planted an 18" tray with oats so Felicity can have some 'lawn' to lie on (or eat.) Would you consider a regular weekly after-school job of mowing her lawn?

Stitchawl
Old 08-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #36297
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Say... I just planted an 18" tray with oats so Felicity can have some 'lawn' to lie on (or eat.) Would you consider a regular weekly after-school job of mowing her lawn?

Stitchawl
Sure! As long as Felicity agrees!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #36298
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Scheduled my classes for the fall. One of the classes I really wanted was full... not going to give up though. Will check the schedule regularly just in case someone drops it.

BTW, does anyone know what "...and # hours/week to be arranged" means in the context of a school schedule?

Last edited by Dylrob; 08-03-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #36299
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Scheduled my classes for the fall. One of the classes I really wanted was full... not going to give up though. Will check the schedule regularly just in case someone drops it.

BTW, does anyone know what "...and # hours/week to be arranged" means in the context of a school schedule?
It usually means that the contact hours (classroom hours) are flexible - allowing students to work independently outside the classroom - usually used for seminars or classes that assign projects, or where instructors monitor rather than actively lecture.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #36300
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Listening to Ed Byrne's Different Class show, which is on tv, whilst surfing MR. I think I have to search out more of his shows because I find him rather funny.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?