Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
ultramookie
almighty trouble creator
ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ultramookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: bn nook
new update for prs-t2

the sony reader prs-t2 has a new update out: 1.0.04.11081. it looks like there are fixes for facebook and reader store login issues plus something to do with book collections.
ultramookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramookie View Post
the sony reader prs-t2 has a new update out: 1.0.04.11081. it looks like there are fixes for facebook and reader store login issues plus something to do with book collections.
Are you sure it's not the European version Firmware you're seeing? IIRC I think some of them came out with a different numbered firmware package than the US ones did.

Plus, the Sony site seems to say that only 1.0.03 is available, which includes the fixes from 1.0.04.

Here.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have a T2, and yes there is an update for the US. I got a notification on my ereader this morning, and I did the update wirelessly. It fixes the bug that you couldn't open collections on the last page of your list. Excellent! Now people can delete the empty collections they were creating as a workaround for the last page.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have a T2, and yes there is an update for the US. I got a notification on my ereader this morning, and I did the update wirelessly. It fixes the bug that you couldn't open collections on the last page of your list. Excellent! Now people can delete the empty collections they were creating as a workaround for the last page.
Cool! Time to turn my wifi on.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You can also go into the settings for System Management and select check for updates instead of waiting. I would also recommend that you have a full battery when you do the firmware update.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Plus, the Sony site seems to say that only 1.0.03 is available, which includes the fixes from 1.0.04.
This "update" has been around for a few months already. The description is just a bunch of typos. The 1.0.04 update for the US is probably coming soon (it's out for EU), but it is not available on the Sony Support site yet.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
This "update" has been around for a few months already. The description is just a bunch of typos. The 1.0.04 update for the US is probably coming soon (it's out for EU), but it is not available on the Sony Support site yet.
I don't know why it's not up on the Sony site, but I know it's not been available for months over wifi for me, since I do turn it on once in a awhile and check for updates from the System Management settings. I just got another T2 last week, and there were no updates available when I unpacked it and connected it to check.

So I do believe this is new to the US, and only over Wifi so far. I now have 1.0.04.11081 on them. Took a while to load, but all seems to be fine.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
porkupan is right about typos

Quote:
Improvements provided by previous software versions and included in version 1.0.04.12210:
This is BS since 1.0.04.12210 firmware is available for PRS-T1, not T2 Proper US version is 1.0.04.11081 and it is already available over the air and directly from the internet, but not from support site page! Simplest way to get the updater is from "Reader for PC" -> Help -> Check for updates with your device connected to your computer. After download is done you could interrupt the upgrade and see the updater: "C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\AutoUpdateClient\PRST2\1.0.04.11081\PR S-T2_Updater_1.0.04.11081.exe"
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote