Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
OMG!!! I mean, I love children, but those aren't children. And to prove they ae unwashed minions, the visualization on Media Player was this ugly, jagged mess of orange, purple, and atomic-waste-green lightning bolts.

That sound made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and fall out!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:49 AM   #17
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Oh, thanks! Now we're all on a watch list of some sort. I have a hard enough time enduring airports as it is.
Next time, TSA will use the brown ones on you.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
OMG!!! I mean, I love children, but those aren't children. And to prove they ae unwashed minions, the visualization on Media Player was this ugly, jagged mess of orange, purple, and atomic-waste-green lightning bolts.

That sound made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and fall out!
further proof that no further intervention is necessary to weaponize the SHUMS.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #19
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Why do the French bother with an independent nuclear deterrent when they've got those shums?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

an excellent question, patricia, and one that bears examining.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #21
DixieGal
Hi There!

I'm having a hellish nightmare of a week at work. I think I'll put in my earplugs and play that thing a few times. That ought to keep people out of my office!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

not only out of your office, it will probably drive them out of their minds. just make sure the earplugs are in good and tight before you set it off.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #23
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
not only out of your office, it will probably drive them out of their minds. just make sure the earplugs are in good and tight before you set it off.
I think detonate is the proper verb for that sound...
Old 06-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!

Seriously however, that's the sort of thing that daily repetition will have you obeying the dog's orders to do bad things. Can you move your office to a room on the opposite side of the house or something? And I assume your rainy season is over, since the unwashed minions were sent outdoors to rain down doom on the populace?
Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #25
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Room? House? Zee lives in Paris. There are no houses.

In the meanwhile, having finally played your recording... I can't even think of a joke. I can't even stand it when the dishwasher is running upstairs. What you've got to endure, that's a good definition of hell.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:03 PM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

now, don't exagerrate ; there *are* some houses in Paris (i even have a friend who lives in one), just not very many. and i don't happen to live in one.

i do have a list of the vital criteria for my next appartment (when someday i muster the courage to try moving), and at the top is NO SCHOOLS IN THE VICINITY. also, preferably all the neighbors will be old people (they don't usually make much noise). in the meantime, i have my anti-noise dispositif, which i am actually planning to upgrade really really soon.

as for what the sample might be a defition of... well, i didn't make those id3 tags up for nothing, you know.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #27
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
If you can find and eradicate the one or two who are such SCREAMERS you might be left with a tolerable dull roar.

On the other hand, perhaps we should volunteer a posse of us to come and help you move.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #28
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
now, don't exagerrate ; there *are* some houses in Paris (i even have a friend who lives in one), just not very many. and i don't happen to live in one.

i do have a list of the vital criteria for my next appartment (when someday i muster the courage to try moving), and at the top is NO SCHOOLS IN THE VICINITY. also, preferably all the neighbors will be old people (they don't usually make much noise). in the meantime, i have my anti-noise dispositif, which i am actually planning to upgrade really really soon.

as for what the sample might be a defition of... well, i didn't make those id3 tags up for nothing, you know.
Make sure they aren't too old or they'll die off and young couples (with kids) will move. I speak from experience.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #29
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Make sure they aren't too old or they'll die off and young couples (with kids) will move. I speak from experience.
My neighborhood is like that also. And the new people like to cut down 70 year old giant magnolia trees and plant those overused Bradford pear trees and commit crepe murder.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #30
WDecraene
Zealot
WDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enoughWDecraene will become famous soon enough

Device: A FREE (!!!) replacement cybook gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
If you can find and eradicate the one or two who are such SCREAMERS you might be left with a tolerable dull roar.
See, I don't believe that. As soon as you have maybe 5 of the critters together the wall-of-sound effect is there. You can however get the same effect with less children if you feed them enough sugar.
WDecraene is offline   Reply With Quote