Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #61
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Now that the plugin info is stored in the database, it will be automatically copied when creating a new library using the existing library structure.
Perfect!
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #62
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Enhancement Request: Ability to edit Column width in a View

If possible, could you add the ability to manually edit the Column width for the columns within a view.

I have several Views which have the same fields, just displayed/sorted in a different order and would like them to be able to be the same size in each view. I used to do this within the View Manager.json (editing it manually), but now that it is saved in the DB this is no longer an option.

Note: I have tried to use the 'Save Column Widths' option without success. There are times when this option sets the column width to '-1' instead of the width, which seems to cause the column width to auto-size to data within the column the next time I start calibre. Also, since calibre has no way to manually set the column width, this would not result in columns of the same width (yes, I will see it jump if it is off by just a few pixels...you can't have Analyst without 'anal'-retentiveness...).

Thank you for your time and consideration.
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #63
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@edwdecarlo - on some of my plugins there is actually an undocumented feature that you can manually edit the library configuration json content. However it was something I added *after* the last time I released this plugin, so you can't yet do it with this one. I don't advertise it, because obviously if people don't know what they are doing they wreck their configuration data for the plugin. I would have to push a new release of the plugin for this feature to automagically appear for you (it would be within View library preferences... and you can see the difference with it available in the Reading List plugin for instance).

As for the -1 thing, yes as you have found -1 is used to indicate the size should be autosized by calibre, and is what gets put in for example for hidden columns (like ondevice). And I can understand you would have to do a lot of trial and error to magically get these to align with different views without the ability to manually set the widths.

Adding some form of GUI to allow setting column widths in a user friendly way would be a whole bunch of work, and tbh I can't see a lot of people clamouring for it. Though I do understand why you want the ability, and I have my own OCD tendencies at times about such things.

I think the easiest solution would be for me to just push a new version of the plugin that uses the latest code from my "shared file" that my plugins share and will give you the edit library preferences capability?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #64
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I think the easiest solution would be for me to just push a new version of the plugin that uses the latest code from my "shared file" that my plugins share and will give you the edit library preferences capability?
I took a look at Reading List, and the ability to edit the Setting json content would work great for me.

Thanks.
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #65
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Since we have the option to use virtual libraries, can this be added to select a virtual library instead of a search or search restriction to allow for certain columns from within the view manager? I hope I'm making sense. Is this possible?
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #66
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Becky virtual library support for this plugin is indeed on the todo list when I get back into calibre plugin dev mode again, it's rather been on the backburner lately... it will have to happen one day soon though...
Old 05-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #67
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Thanks
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #68
rethec
rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The last days I struggled with the organisation of my library, but thanks to your Plug-in I found a way that my calibre doesn't look like rubbish Perfekt! I'm looking forward to the virtual library support. Thanks for your Work!
rethec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #69
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Currently I have to select the current view in the View Manager list of views to get it to refresh the spreadsheet after doing changes (error corrections) on the spreadsheet.

This is no great hardship, but it would be nice if I could just tap Alt/G on the keyboard - or click Go button.

I'm nearly always in a View, and I do almost all metadata editing on the spreadsheet cells - I only use the Metadata Editor for multi-book updates.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-30-2013 at 05:35 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #70
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@BetterRed - I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about. Do you mean you want to reapply a sort order (as specified by a view) after doing an edit in the main library grid, via a keyboard shortcut? You can assign keyboard shortcuts to your views within the plugin - for instance I assign ctrl+1 for my primary view and every time I want to re-sort after adding books or whatever I just hit that...
Old 09-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #71
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@BetterRed - I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about. Do you mean you want to reapply a sort order (as specified by a view) after doing an edit in the main library grid, via a keyboard shortcut? You can assign keyboard shortcuts to your views within the plugin - for instance I assign ctrl+1 for my primary view and every time I want to re-sort after adding books or whatever I just hit that...
Thank you for your response

My idea was to combine redo-sort with redo-search - on reflection that's probably not a good idea

I have 12 Views - 4 column sets, each with 3 sort variants - I can't imagine devising a coherent set of short cuts without disturbing long standing system and calibre shortcuts. Also there's nothing on screen that tells me which View I am currently using. That's not a problem but it might be if I wanted to have a different shortcut for each view - but I don't - want to do that.

And I don't really have a primary view - I'm currently making a comic library for a mate who's serving in Afghanistan - actually its for his kids... As you can imagine the views I'm using for that are different to the ones I have for my Journals library

So what I would like - is a shortcut to re-fresh/re-sort whatever the current view happens to be - I don't have a problem with using the drop down to switch views.

Hope that makes sense, but its a 'nice to have' request, not even a 'should have', let alone a 'must have'.

tks BR
Old 10-01-2013, 02:55 AM   #72
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Ahhh, so just a Reapply Last View menu option that can be shortcut assigned to then... That would not be difficult. I am still too busy at mo to get to this plugin to update it but the request is recorded here now for the next time I do...
Old 10-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #73
BetterRed
null operator

Quote:
Ahhh, so just a Reapply Last View menu option that can be shortcut assigned to then... That would not be difficult. I am still too busy at mo to get to this plugin to update it but the request is recorded here now for the next time I do...
- thanks

take care - BR
Old 10-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #74
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

@kiwidude, there's a tiny little bug:
If "Automatically apply view" is ticked, calibre (from v1.3) auto scrolls to title column at startup. More info.
Thank you for so many useful plugins.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #75
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Maybe I misread the plugin description but shouldn't it be possibly to automatically switch to a certain view when switching to a certain virtual library? In the general options tab it says "When restarting Calibre or switching to this library...", I assumed the plugin would "remember" the current virtual library I am in and then allow me to set a specific view for this library -- but somehow this view is also applied during startup?

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently this feature is simply missing still, I'll do it manually for now. Thanks for the otherwise great plugin!
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote