Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #106
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
In Pale Battalions by Robert Goddard, on a Sony 600, Christmas 2008 or 2009.

An article by Stephen King in Entertainment Weekly sold me on ebook readers (he was talking about the original Kindle but still) and he made In Pale Battalions sound pretty cool too, so it seemed fitting.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #107
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
The first ebook I read was Star Trek new frontier: Double time by Peter David on the iphone 3G.The first ebook I read on a dedicated device was A thousand splendid suns by Khalid Hosseni on the Sony PRS-300.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #108
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I think it was one of the Hunger Games books. Actually, probably the first one.

(On my iPad.)
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #109
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
My first ebook was read on a computer screen in the late 90s or early 00s, I think it was a play by Pirandello.

My first ebook read on an eink ebook reader was probably a Sookie Stackhouse mystery, come to think of it. I'm really not sure, though.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #110
freewheeling
Nameless Being

First eBook I finished was Rules of Deception by Christopher Reich. Second was Split Images by Elmore Leonard. Kindle 2, the only one I've owned so far. It's currently a dead brick. :-(
Old 11-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #111
sven31
sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sven31 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
the e-book i read was "shivers"... on my android tablet !!
sven31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #112
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Something (that I did not have a dead tree version of) from the Baen Free Library on my computer screen

Once I got my PEz....

... a newly released Baen (Webscriptions)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #113
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stephen King's UR on my 650 two years ago ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #114
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I thought UR was a kindle exclusive
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #115
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I circumvented that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
I thought UR was a kindle exclusive
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #116
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Ritual Bath by Faye Kellerman paid $1 for it B&N Nook Clasic Which broke returned got another broke got money back! Switch to Kindle 3 wifi Had to rebuy the dang ebook Thats how I learned that ebooks only work on certain devices!

Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #117
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Excluding books read on a computer, the first I read on a portable device was... I can't actually remember but I read it on a Psion 3c some time in the 90's.

Having a hard time remember the first book I read on an eInk based reader (which was my Hanlin V3 mid-2008), possibly a book from the Honor Harrington series, pretty sure I started reading those on and off before buying an eInk device. Reading Echoes of Honor currently after having a break from the series for quite a while.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #118
auntiem
Enthusiast
auntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enoughauntiem will become famous soon enough

Device: nexus 7
I started Wuthering Heights on an HTC phone just to see what mobile reading was like. Right then I knew I needed something bigger to read on. Thus, my Nexus7. I finished Wuthering heights on my Nexus 7.
auntiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #119
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
My first purchased ebook was "Riding The Bullet" by Stephen King on an IBM WorkPad c3 (a black IBM-branded Palm V). According to ereader.com (back when it was Peanut Press I think?) I bought it on 20 March, 2001.

I don't recall what or when my first Gutenberg book was, but I'm sure it would have been something by Wells or Verne on a Palm around 1997.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #120
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Hunger Games on Kindle Touch…made a complete convert to e-readers and re-energized my reading life.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote