Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
symon79
symon79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Book descriptions in Kobo Touch library

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to view book descriptions in the library of the Kobo Touch, as I have in Calibre. I searched for it in the forum but couldn't find anything related.

I don't have book descriptions for ebook I bought from Kobo nor from ebooks which I added via Calibre.
On the filesystem of the Kobo I found a file called KoboReader.sqlite which I assume is the library of the Kobo. When I open it, in there I do see the descriptions.

Does anyone know how to view them on the Kobo?
symon79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
There is nowhere on the Touch that I'm aware of to view that. Interesting that the data is there -- I assume it must be what would get used in a preview? Add the request to the firmware request sticky and an option to do so may get added down the road. In theory it could be added in the menu beside the book in the library.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
symon79
symon79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Yes that data would be used for the preview of the book. I've posted the request in the mentioned thread.

Thanks
symon79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
description, touch