Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #5341
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can do that or change your billing address. What I do is when I am at the checkout screen, select the option to change the address and just change the country. When I find the country that gives the cheapest price with the promo code, I buy it. The only problem with this is that the next time I login, it uses that country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
In theory, one could get around that problem by opening two purchase tabs, using the first to do as you describe, and using the second only to change to a second country and back to the original before backing out of that second purchase.

Y'know, so I've heard.
Problem with the method of changing countries from the checkout screen is that you'll only get the price if the book is the same publisher. Otherwise you get the message book not available (or somesuch)

Better off changing the country in the Payments section and then choosing the book and going through the purchase process.

If you look at the Hong Kong site you'll clearly see what I mean by there being various versions of a book available. (Well hopefully the book you test this with has various versions, lol)

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-05-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #5342
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragons View Post
75off just worked for me
Worked for me too. In Australia with the new website.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2014, 05:40 AM   #5343
Crittie
Crittie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragons View Post
jny50 worked in US
This and 75off both work in Australia

Last edited by Crittie; 01-06-2014 at 05:45 AM.
Crittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #5344
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
jny50 has stopped working for me.
(Mexico & Canada)

EDIT: Not a multi use code.

Last edited by AlbertaCowboy; 01-06-2014 at 02:40 PM.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #5345
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Wow! I just noticed that this thread has 1,047,023 views. Must be some sort of record
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2014, 02:42 PM   #5346
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Wow! I just noticed that this thread has 1,047,023 views. Must be some sort of record
With all those good codes from past two months it's no wonder. The good news spread fast.
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #5347
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
jny50 has stopped working for me.
(Mexico & Canada)

EDIT: Not a multi use code.
managed to use it twice in quick succession

Not as high, but this will give you 35% off:
halfdiscount35
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #5348
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Anyone else receive an email from Kobo stating that a "free gift" ebook has been added to their library, only to find that no such book exists, even in their catalog? I was told TIGER by Tash Aw was added to my library "just for being a loyal customer". But I don't see it anywhere.
Billingsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #5349
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage
I've received that email too, but it shows up in my library.
spersephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #5350
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsgate View Post
Anyone else receive an email from Kobo stating that a "free gift" ebook has been added to their library, only to find that no such book exists, even in their catalog? I was told TIGER by Tash Aw was added to my library "just for being a loyal customer". But I don't see it anywhere.
I received an email stating the same thing and it is showing in my library it is only a short btw. Do you run multiple accounts with kobo? if so make sure you are logged into the one which received the email
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #5351
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I received an email stating the same thing and it is showing in my library it is only a short btw. Do you run multiple accounts with kobo? if so make sure you are logged into the one which received the email
I only have one account. The item is not showing up. I actually like this author and would like to read it. Oh well.
Billingsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #5352
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsgate View Post
I only have one account. The item is not showing up. I actually like this author and would like to read it. Oh well.
I run a couple of accounts and could not find it in the US,UK, or Hong Kong store it should however appear if logged into the Australian store
Tiger by Tash Aw ISBN 9780993648410
Link - http://store.kobobooks.com/en-au/boo...A&PageNumber=1
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:56 AM   #5353
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.

Big thanks to who ever it was that said ebooks are cheaper in India. I traveled there tonight and bought a book that would have cost me $19.99 full price, but by shopping in India and using the 75off code, it cost me only $3.40. Thats an incredible saving
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #5354
jaj
Enthusiast
jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.jaj put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo
Thanks paola,

Do you or anyone else know if halfdiscount35 is single or multi use?
jaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #5355
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
managed to use it twice in quick succession

Not as high, but this will give you 35% off:
halfdiscount35
Haha, I could have sworn I used it more than once, but thought my memory was playing tricks on me! I bet I used it twice before it played out!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals