Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If the book has a KF8 version, yes, it does.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 AM   #17
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
To get back to the original questions, because I just tried doing it with a US kindle and the German kindle store: the US store is the only one showing on a US kindle PW even with the latest firmware and it being available in Germany. There are no settings to change the storefront. Transfers of purchases from the web were possile from whatever store it is registered to.

I asume you may get the same results with a Japanse kindle.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:07 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
To get back to the original questions, because I just tried doing it with a US kindle and the German kindle store: the US store is the only one showing on a US kindle PW even with the latest firmware and it being available in Germany. There are no settings to change the storefront.
Have you tried displaying the menu bar, then selecting "Settings", "Device Options", "Language and Dictionaries", "Language", and set the language to "Deutsch"? Certainly, setting the language to "English (United Kingdom)" will result in the PW accessing the UK Kindle Store.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ Yup. The store remained US. I remember this being the case when the Touch first came out in the US. I wanted to give one as a gift to someone in GeRmany and had to return it because of it.
It's just weird, because they are selling them in Germany now.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

How exceedingly odd. Both the Touch and the PW access the US Kindle Store if the language is set to US English, and the UK Kindle Store if the language is set to British English (or at least mine do!). I wonder why Germany should be different in that regard?

Might it perhaps be worth contacting Kindle Customer Service and asking them?
Old 12-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #21
xendula
eBookworm

So, the PW is now in Germany and, strangely, can access the German kindle store. I wonder if it was a fluke that the store renained US regardless of the language seected when I tried it.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #22
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
bold me:
Quote:
So, the PW is now in Germany and, strangely, can access the German kindle store. I wonder if it was a fluke that the store renained US regardless of the language seected when I tried it.
Or maybe it wasn't a fluke and the Kindle beeing physically in Germany makes a difference. Just like it was near impossible to buy the untranslated UK version Harry Potter books in the US when they just came out.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #23
xendula
eBookworm

^Could be the case as well. Hmm, very strange.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
My problem is somewhat similar:
I've bought Kindle Fire HD 7" in Germany and Kindle Fire HD 8.9" in the US.
The German one, being available globally, freely can be set to whatever country I want. I just have to change the country setting in my Amazon account.
The US one only can be set to the US, whatever country I choose in the Amazon settings.
Simple explanation from Amazon: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" isn't available regularly in Germany, so some features won't work here.
To have both Fires in sync, I've set both to the US account.

But: I switch to the respective accounts via country settings in the Amazon account, not by changing the language on the Kindle itself. I couldn't switch to German on the US only Fire HD 8.9" anyway...

For my Kindle Paperwhite, bought in Germany, I freely can switch back and forth between the US and Germany.
But: In my Amazon account, I've got the respective billing addresses for the US and Germany.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:20 AM   #25
xendula
eBookworm

Mgmueller, did you buy the PW in the US or in Germany?
Old 12-15-2012, 04:38 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
It shouldn't matter. It's the same firmware.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #27
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Paperwhite and Fire HD 7" in Germany, Fire HD 8.9" in the US.
Amazon states -and I can confirm from own experience- that, if the respective Kindle only is available in certain regions, functionality of the store might be limited in other regions. For example no Audible audiobooks on my Fire HD 7" from Germany.
But if the respective Kindle is available internationally, you should be able to use all store functionalities.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #28
shonan
shonan began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3G Japan
As long as you have a US Amzon account, the Paperwhite purchased in Japan will access the US store. Mine does.
shonan is offline   Reply With Quote