Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #16
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussi View Post
Dear Starson17, do you have the chance to try out sending 3-5 books from yourself to yourself? Know you're not at home, but it would be nice to know if you have luck or not.
I have to stop for today, am tired ...

Hussi
I can't do it from here, and I don'[t have any need for the email function, so it is not configured (I use the content server.)

If no one else answers you about whether this works for them, I will configure and test it, but it will probably be a few days. I'm sorry I can't be more help. I don't know how many people email multiple books using this function, perhaps it is a bug.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that clicking on the attachment in the email opens the wrong book, but importing the attachment into calibre makes it the right book?
Just to shed some light on the problem. I just selected the following five books and emailed them to myself via right click option.

A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin.epub
Split Infinity - Piers Anthony.epub
The adventures of Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain.epub
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll.epub
Anne of Green Gables - Lucy Maud Montgomery.epub

I received 5 separate emails.

1. The first email was for Split Infinity. All of the info in the email was correct and the attached file was named correctly. But the file was really "A Game of Thrones".
2. The second email was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. All of the info in the email was correct and the attached file was named correctly. But the file was really "Split Infinity".
3. The third email was The adventures of Tom Sawyer. All of the info in the email was correct and the attached file was named correctly. But the file was really "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland".
4. The fourth email was A Game of Thrones. All of the info in the email was correct and the attached file was named correctly. But the file was really "The adventures of Tom Sawyer".
5. The fifth email was Anne of Green Gables. All of the info in the email was correct and the attached file was named correctly. The file was indeed "Anne of Green Gables".

It was Anne of Green Gables that book I selected last prior to sending.

All metadata is correct for each file since they had been converted to epub using Calibre. The email subject, message and attachment all went together as expected but the actual file was wrong in 4 out of the 5 emails.

I have never used this feature before. I was using Gmail to send from and to send to. Sending one book at a time it works perfectly. It only mixes up titles/files when you grab a batch and send them all at once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	49752  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-12-2010 at 10:45 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Will be fixed in next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:07 AM   #19
hussi
hussi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Thank you all!

Thanks to Starson17, Dwanthy for testing and Kovid for fixing (soon?).

Glad to hear the behavior not only happens to me. So i will be waiting for the next release. I know why i love Calibre :-))

Regards from Germany, Hussi.
hussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #20
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Will be fixed in next release.
I love seeing this post from Kovid. I've seen it multiple times. No fuss, just a simple statement - the problem is fixed and Calibre takes another step forward.
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #21
hussi
hussi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Smile Thank you!

Dear Kovid,

thank you for fixing the error! Couldn't believe you would correct it so fast! And also greetings from my mom - she is happy now, all books come now in the way they should.

Greets from Germany, Hussi
hussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #22
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussi View Post
thank you for fixing the error! Couldn't believe you would correct it so fast!
You and dwanthny deserve some credit, too. Kovid is really fast when he's certain there's a bug and knows the exact symptoms. You kept answering questions until dwanthny confirmed your report.