Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Calibre default folder problem

Is there any way to change the default (or fallback) folder when the last folder used is no longer present after an Add Books? When the previous folder has been deleted, next time you do an Add Books, Calibre defaults to the Windows\System32 folder in the Windows tree (I'm using Windows 7 but it's probably the same for all versions). I normally add a, say, pdf file to Calibre. I then get Calibre to convert it and save it to its library. After that I generally delete the folder the pdf file (or whatever) was in as I no longer need it - typically it's a sub folder. However, when I next add a book, Calibre defaults to the Windows System32 sub-folder as it can't find the previous folder. I would love a way to tell Calibre that if a folder does not exist then use the parent folder as the default. Is that kind of configuration possible? Thanks.

Last edited by jukin; 12-20-2010 at 06:59 PM.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
not without running calibre from source
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
not without running calibre from source
Ok. Thanks for your reply and I really appreciate all your hard work BTW, Calibre is an excellent application.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome, if you feel like running from source, instructions are in the user manual and the relevant code is in src/calibre/gui2/__init__.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote