Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
hard_boiled
hard_boiled began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
eReader App with sort by series?

I use calibre to organize my eBook library. One of the things that really appeals to my OCD is the ability to arrange/sort books by series. I would love to have an eReader program that would allow me to sort my library in my reader my series (with the books ordered sequentially within the series). The tags are in the header already. Is there an Android app that already does this? I currently am using Aldiko, and I don't see it as an option with it.

Thanks.
hard_boiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Mantano Reader (supports series metadata generated by Calibre). The free version has ads in navigation pages but not when you actually read a book. They also have an ad-free paid version ($5).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
Cool Reader also has the ability to sort by series. However, since you confess to a little OCD, Mantano might be better for you. I feel Mantano has the best library management of all android epub readers.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
FBReader has a wonderfully simple Library Browser that uses a standard Android scrolling list selector, with the lists sortable and searchable by Author, Title, Series, Tag, Recently Read, or you can just browse by Folders directly to the File.

Cover graphics are shown as small icons to the left of each listed title, but other than this, the interface is fairly simple and utilitarian.

On a small screen device, I actually prefer this simple, flexible, utilitarian interface rather than cutesy 'bookshelf' style graphics.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, ereader apps, series, sort