Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #61
KDawg
Junior Senior
KDawg has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: nookColor, nook, PRS-900, PRS-505, PRS-500, Kindle PW, Kindle Oasis
I know I said I had lost interest, but the price drop reKindled my interest and I ordered a black D&B for my silver 505. I'm very happy with it.

The texture of the leather is very nice. I was afraid it would be very, I'm not sure what the word is (processed?), and feel like vinyl. It doesn't. Both the inside and outside have a great, soft, leathery feel. This feels so much better to me when the cover is folded back compared to the original pleather cover. I liked the outside of the original but I never liked the feel of the tacky artificial suede on the inside of the original when folding back that cover. I love the feel, when folding the D&B back, of soft, real leather in back and metal up front. It smells great as well.

The only downsides are the high price, the fact that it offers no more protection than the original cover, and there are either no magnets or weak magnets inside so the D&B doesn't adhere to the Reader the way the original does. But these would not keep me from buying it again. The upside to having no more protection than the original is that the Reader retains it's great, slim profile. Highly recommended.
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #62
dborja
Enthusiast
dborja began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
I know I said I had lost interest, but the price drop reKindled my interest and I ordered a black D&B for my silver 505. I'm very happy with it.

The texture of the leather is very nice. I was afraid it would be very, I'm not sure what the word is (processed?), and feel like vinyl. It doesn't. Both the inside and outside have a great, soft, leathery feel. This feels so much better to me when the cover is folded back compared to the original pleather cover. I liked the outside of the original but I never liked the feel of the tacky artificial suede on the inside of the original when folding back that cover. I love the feel, when folding the D&B back, of soft, real leather in back and metal up front. It smells great as well.

The only downsides are the high price, the fact that it offers no more protection than the original cover, and there are either no magnets or weak magnets inside so the D&B doesn't adhere to the Reader the way the original does. But these would not keep me from buying it again. The upside to having no more protection than the original is that the Reader retains it's great, slim profile. Highly recommended.
I know it's been a while since this was posted but thanks for the review. I just got my 505 and, while the tan cover is serviceable, it begins to dig into my arm after a couple of minutes of reading (I hold it resting on my arms) and it doesn't feel comfortable. After seeing the dropped price on the D&B ($75), various feedback and this review I bit the bullet and ordered today. I like D&B products as does my wife so I'm looking forward to migrating my 505 to a nicer home...
dborja is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #63
mycarmen444
mycarmen444 began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Here are some nice bargain for dooney and bourke at macy check it out.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/ind...+Bourke*-1

Examples:
Hearts Bucket Bag: $175 now $76.12
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/pro...AdID=48373

Girly Tassel Zip Bag: $150 now $78.75

Use :REDACCEPT for $10 off over $75--expires 7/31/08.
mycarmen444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #64
dborja
Enthusiast
dborja began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarmen444 View Post
Here are some nice bargain for dooney and bourke at macy check it out.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/ind...+Bourke*-1

Examples:
Hearts Bucket Bag: $175 now $76.12

Girly Tassel Zip Bag: $150 now $78.75

Use :REDACCEPT for $10 off over $75--expires 7/31/08.
Thanks for the though, mycarmen, but the links seem to be expired. My wife and I love D&B...
dborja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #65
mic_888
mic_888 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505, iPad, Kindle 3
Hi - just got my sony reader and found this forum! I've just read all the threads on the D&B covers and really really want to get the black one......it's available on the Sony site for USD75....but they don't ship to the UK!!!

Does anybody know where I can get hold of a black D&B case in the UK?? (I've already had a look at ebay..)

Thanks.

M
mic_888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic_888 View Post
Hi - just got my sony reader and found this forum! I've just read all the threads on the D&B covers and really really want to get the black one......it's available on the Sony site for USD75....but they don't ship to the UK!!!

Does anybody know where I can get hold of a black D&B case in the UK?? (I've already had a look at ebay..)

Thanks.

M
May I make a suggestion? Get the lightwedge case for $70. It's a lot more functional and useful.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 01:11 PM   #67
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
May I make a suggestion? Get the lightwedge case for $70. It's a lot more functional and useful.
Agree wholeheartedly.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote