Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast
Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902, Nook Tablet
Status bar removal.

I found a thread about this same question but it was pertaining to the PB 602. Does the same apply to the 902? I'd really like to hide the status bar while reading PDF's. Sorry if this has been covered already. I did search, I swear.
Lester Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I think you are looking for Troll's message.

In fact, now (with the new 2.1.2 RC firmware) you can do it in pdf and djvu files, too.

Go in the configuration menu and select "key mapping". Then go into either the EPUB or the PDF/DJVU submenus, and associate the key you prefer to the action "Appearance/hide panel". Once in your document, operate the key to make the status bar disappear (and repeat to make it re-appear).

There are loads of functions that you only discover if you play around with the device long enough - of course, life would be much easier with a proper manual, so I am trying to convince myself that after all I really like the fun of experimentation
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast
Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.Lester Burnham did not drink the Kool Aid.

Thanks! I think I'll wait a bit on updating until the official firmware is out though. With my luck, I'll brick it.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham View Post
With my luck, I'll brick it.
Nearly impossible, update hangs from time to time, but "reset" always helps
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Nearly impossible, update hangs from time to time, but "reset" always helps

Oh... well then. What the hell, I'll give it a shot. Thank you.
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I think you are looking for Troll's message.

In fact, now (with the new 2.1.2 RC firmware) you can do it in pdf and djvu files, too.

Go in the configuration menu and select "key mapping". Then go into either the EPUB or the PDF/DJVU submenus, and associate the key you prefer to the action "Appearance/hide panel". Once in your document, operate the key to make the status bar disappear (and repeat to make it re-appear).

There are loads of functions that you only discover if you play around with the device long enough - of course, life would be much easier with a proper manual, so I am trying to convince myself that after all I really like the fun of experimentation
I've updated to D902. 2.1.2

And I've tried mapping the hide panel function to a few different buttons and I've not had any luck. The status bar stays. Any thoughts?
Old 10-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #7
Lester Burnham
Enthusiast

Ignore the last message. I got it to work.

Had to switch to PDFViwer. That was probably mentioned somewhere and I overlooked it. Thanks for your help.

PDFViewer page refresh is noticeably slower than the Adobeviewer. So, it's either have the status bar with fast loading pages or complete full screen with slow loading pages.

pdfviewer - 5 seconds
AdobeViewer - 1 second

As much as I like the non status bar screen, I don't think I can go from 1 second to 5 seconds.

Last edited by Lester Burnham; 10-07-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Burnham View Post
Ignore the last message. I got it to work.

Had to switch to PDFViwer. That was probably mentioned somewhere and I overlooked it. Thanks for your help.

PDFViewer page refresh is noticeably slower than the Adobeviewer. So, it's either have the status bar with fast loading pages or complete full screen with slow loading pages.

pdfviewer - 5 seconds
AdobeViewer - 1 second

As much as I like the non status bar screen, I don't think I can go from 1 second to 5 seconds.
absolutely right, I had not noticed - it must be a bug then, pity!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote