Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 AM   #1
ebel
ebel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
How to convert djvu files to Kindle

Hi all, I recently had some DejaVu (*.djvu) files that I wanted to view on my Kindle, but it doesn't work out of the box. You can convert it to PDF on Linux using djvulibre-bin package (on ubuntu) to convert to PDF and then put it on your kindle. More details: Convert DjVu files to Kindle PDF on Linux

Hope that helps
ebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:43 AM   #2
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
you can convert djvus or you can duokanize your kindle and you are set to go.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
macthekitten
Enthusiast
macthekitten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macthekitten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macthekitten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS700
oh dear I thought it would be easy LOL I have some .djvu files ( i feel like I've seen them before. Heh) and they're weird science books I can't find anywhere else and I'd love to view them on my Sony e-reader. But my trusty Calibre ways whuuuuuut??? I have a mac computer. Any ideas of an easy peasy non technical way for me to get an epub of pdf out of 'em? thanks for any ideas.
macthekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try k2pdfopt

Another option for viewing DJVU files on the kindle (or any device which can display PDF files) is k2pdfopt.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by macthekitten View Post
oh dear I thought it would be easy LOL I have some .djvu files ( i feel like I've seen them before. Heh) and they're weird science books I can't find anywhere else and I'd love to view them on my Sony e-reader. But my trusty Calibre ways whuuuuuut??? I have a mac computer. Any ideas of an easy peasy non technical way for me to get an epub of pdf out of 'em? thanks for any ideas.
http://www.djvu-pdf.com/

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 04:17 AM   #6
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
You don't need to convert djvu files (in fact, you should NOT because the result is usually 10x bigger, so it is a sheer waste of storage space) in order to view them on Kindle. You just use kpdfdjview available freely here:

https://github.com/tigran123/kindlepdfviewer/downloads

kpdfdjview is a lightweight version of kindlepdfviewer with support for PDF and DjVu. It supports multi-level TOC (aka "outlines" or "bookmarks"), arbitrary page crop, etc.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
djvu kindle conversion