Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
farstar
Edge User

Hello! After charging for the first time my Edge ... what else?

Hello, I am a European who has just bought an Entourage Edge. I have had only to buy a European power cord, the battery looks like is fine for Europe.

Now I am waiting for the first 8-hour charge to finish.

What should I do after charging? Calibration of the stylus, connection to my wi-fi, registration (three steps detailed in the quick-start guide) and I guess update the software.

What else? What things have you found useful/interesting when using the Edge?

My main purpose with the Edge is reading and editing scientific pdfs.

Thank you!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
alefor
Edge User

I strongly suggest the following order:

1. Turn on and connect to wifi
2. Software update
3. Only after the update, do the registration.

Many people have had problems with the registration process when done according to the quick start guide which sadly does not mention the software updates. I followed the above order of actions with two eDGe units and both went with absolutely no glitches.

Admittedly, some have also reported on this forum, that the software update causes big trouble, and that seems to be faulty units.... Nearly every such entry I have read here in these forums ended up returning the unit. Not much you can do if that happens.

Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
farstar
Edge User

I cannot even turn on my wifi (I have another post about this issue). Could this be the signal of a faulty unit???