Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #31
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Well maybe it's not just Japanese language books that need more storage. Maybe some other non-English languages do, too.

But the title of this thread is a bit misleading. You can't say "Paperwhite now comes with 4GB of storage" when the specs on the product page do not say it.
They don't need to say how much internal storage they got either. You can hardly compete on storage when most competitors got expandable storage - so why confuse those that are not worried about storage. Well except Sony maybe, but they are not competing in erader devices no more.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #32
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
They don't need to say how much internal storage they got either.
They do if they want me to buy one.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #33
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They do if they want me to buy one.
Maybe they don't want you to buy it then. Maybe they are interested that you install their Kindle app on your Nook or Nexus instead?
Old 08-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #34
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Maybe they don't want you to buy it then. Maybe they are interested that you install their Kindle app on your Nook or Nexus instead?

I am quite pleased with my KPW1 which has 100% epubs on it, that I read with KOreader. So I am sure they don't care about selling ME a Paperwhite at all

I hate the Kindle app and never use it.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #35
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:

I am quite pleased with my KPW1 which has 100% epubs on it, that I read with KOreader. So I am sure they don't care about selling ME a Paperwhite at all

I hate the Kindle app and never use it.
So you do love the device itself. Going from 2gb to 4gb is hardly going to do a thing for you. If the new one came with a much better reading experience it may be worth it. The PW2 does not impress me, either at 2gb or 4gb - why should I upgrade my PW1 if it is not even that old and the upgrades are hardly worth mentioning. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #36
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So you do love the device itself. Going from 2gb to 4gb is hardly going to do a thing for you. If the new one came with a much better reading experience it may be worth it. The PW2 does not impress me, either at 2gb or 4gb - why should I upgrade my PW1 if it is not even that old and the upgrades are hardly worth mentioning. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.
No, it won't. I wouldn't get one (4gb PW2) unless I knew I could succeed in jailbreaking and adding KOreader. But since I haven't even filled half the storage in my PW1, and since I have a Kobo Glo with 32Gb internal storage, a 4gb PW isn't really even on my radar. .

But yes I LOVE the way epubs look on my PW1. The screen is Super nice, and the contrast. Really excellent. And I have 1632 books/stories on it. So I am not doing too badly there
Old 08-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #37
Dankas
Dankas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyag/Paperwhite
Maybe they switched to 4gb just to show for some progress. Who knows, maybe they have 32gb chips on them and they are letting us use only 2gb. ;-)
Dankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #38
U2Bono269
Connoisseur
U2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blueU2Bono269 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad Air 2
After reading that some US Kindles were shipping 2GB models, I emailed Amazon regarding the Paperwhite I ordered yesterday. Their response was that the Kindle I ordered is indeed 4GB. So I guess it's across the board now.
U2Bono269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #39
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Good thing you got written confirmation. Still can't go by the order page.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #40
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
^^^ you might as well wait for pw3. Some people think there will be no new PW this year but amazon has done a refresh every year since k3 at least.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 AM   #41
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Bono269 View Post
After reading that some US Kindles were shipping 2GB models, I emailed Amazon regarding the Paperwhite I ordered yesterday. Their response was that the Kindle I ordered is indeed 4GB. So I guess it's across the board now.
Wonder if it applies to the 3G model as well.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote