Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-19-2008, 05:44 AM   #1
Tommo43
Enthusiast
Tommo43 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
remove pictures and other things from library

I have the latest version of the Cybook and am in the process of deleting all the demo books and stuff I don't want from the library. I only just realised that I also had to do the same from the cybook device in the devices section also.My question is how do I remove the jpg files. I can see them on my machine but not in the library or cybook on the mobipocket reader
Also can I sort my books by author on the cybook. i.e. the way it is sorted on the mobipocket reader

Thanks

Tommo

Last edited by Tommo43; 10-19-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Tommo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:50 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Just delete them directly from the external drive that appears on Windows Explorer when you connect the Gen3 to your PC with the USB cable.

I don't use MobiPocket Reader to "sync" books with the Gen3; I just copy files directly to the Gen3's external drive via Windows Explorer, so I'm afraid I don't know how Mobi Reader behaves in that regard.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
Tommo43
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just delete them directly from the external drive that appears on Windows Explorer when you connect the Gen3 to your PC with the USB cable.

I don't use MobiPocket Reader to "sync" books with the Gen3; I just copy files directly to the Gen3's external drive via Windows Explorer, so I'm afraid I don't know how Mobi Reader behaves in that regard.
Thanks that worls fine I'm now down to eight pages. Any idea how I can sort the files by Author

Tommo
Old 10-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can't, directly. There is a workaround, which is to create, say, 26 folders called "a" to "z" as subdirectories of the "eBooks" folder on the Gen3, put each book into the appropriate folder by author name, and then set the library sort option to "sort by file path". A horrible hack, but it works.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
Tommo43
Enthusiast

Quote:
You can't, directly. There is a workaround, which is to create, say, 26 folders called "a" to "z" as subdirectories of the "eBooks" folder on the Gen3, put each book into the appropriate folder by author name, and then set the library sort option to "sort by file path". A horrible hack, but it works.
Thanks I'll think about this one

Regards

Tommo
Old 10-19-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
Tommo43
Enthusiast

then set the library sort option to "sort by file path".

Sorry but how do I do this. The only sort option I am aware of is in the mobopocket reader. and doesn't include the "sort by file path" and I don't see one in Windows explorer either

Regards

Tommo
Old 10-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo43 View Post
then set the library sort option to "sort by file path".

Sorry but how do I do this.
Get the menu in the Cybook library screen, there you have a sort-function.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Or simply rename your ebook files with author at the beginning. I have my books named as author - (series indicator - ) title, and path sort gets them listed the way I wish.

No need to do folders unless you desire to.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #9
Tommo43
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Get the menu in the Cybook library screen, there you have a sort-function.
Thanks I forgot about the library button on the side. What a dummy doh

Tommo
Old 10-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #10
Tommo43
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Or simply rename your ebook files with author at the beginning. I have my books named as author - (series indicator - ) title, and path sort gets them listed the way I wish.

No need to do folders unless you desire to.
Thanks I'll try this one

Tommo