Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
jimjam
jimjam began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Just asked for my money back

Not for the reader, I'm enjoying that. It just that after coughing up full price for an ebook and then finding loads of these accent corruptions makes me more than a little peeved. I just sent Waterstones this email, but i won't hold my breath waiting for the refund

Quote:
I recently paid £6.39 for Power of the Sword (eBook) by Wilbur Smith to read on a Sony E reader also bought from your store. This book has not been converted to an ebook very well at all.

Too many words are just gobbledegook. For example what do these words mean? “caf Ā©” “Op Ā©ra” “ch Ā©ri These are just a few of literally hundreds of these things littered throughout the book. If these mistakes were in a printed book it would never make it to the shop. We pay you an outrageous price for ebooks and the least you could do is ensure that you provide books that are formatted and spelled correctly

This book formed part of a larger order (no 1234567ect) Would you please arrange a refund for this shoddy copy of a fine work.
jimjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good luck, JimJam. There's far too much careless, lazy, push-button production of ebooks by sloppy publishers who don't take the time to proof read and correct their digital versions before putting them up for sale. There is no excuse. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
DrZoidberg
Connoisseur
DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrZoidberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I think more people need to complain. So I'm happy you did it, for the sake of all of us.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote