Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
cmolinap
Enthusiast
cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch/Mini
Black screen in FW 3.2.0

Hi,

After the update FW to 3.2.0 version, ¿is normal see some black screens flashing when I put the kobo touch in sleep mode? The same happen when I wake up the reader.

Some weird happen with the new FW than does not happen with FW 3.0.1

Comments are welcome.

cmolinap
cmolinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmolinap View Post
After the update FW to 3.2.0 version, ¿is normal see some black screens flashing when I put the kobo touch in sleep mode? The same happen when I wake up the reader.

Some weird happen with the new FW than does not happen with FW 3.0.1
Yes that seems to be normal for firmware 3.2.0.

In the last few firmware versions there has been a problem with the screen not refreshing at all when going to sleep or waking, but in 3.2.0 the problem has gone to the opposite extreme and it does this strange flashing thing. What it should be doing is just a normal quick refresh to clear the ghost of the sleep screen, like it does every so often when turning pages.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
As an aside, is there a physical reason, not just a marketing reason, why only the new Aura has the new less distracting page flip waveform? Could it be applied to existing firmwares and displays used in the Touch, Glo, etc.?

I haven't researched it, wondered if anyone had.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I believe that is a hardware advance so it's not backwards portable.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
windyvincent
windyvincent began at the beginning.

Device: nook str & kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
As an aside, is there a physical reason, not just a marketing reason, why only the new Aura has the new less distracting page flip waveform? Could it be applied to existing firmwares and displays used in the Touch, Glo, etc.?

I haven't researched it, wondered if anyone had.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=18

giogio130 said he was trying to port that things....
windyvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert