Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #286
clarkent
clarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura aboutclarkent has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Been finding an issue with my Arc where Tapestries shuts down widgets because it cant seem to run them, the youtube widget and the facebook widget. Not a big issue, since I don't really use either but they were factory loaded, you would think the widgets would be fine. Other than that, I'm loving the Arc.
clarkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #287
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJD View Post
Anyone had a chance to compare the displays on the Arc and the Nexus 7 side by side? Which looked best to you for movies, comics, etc?

I've read that the Nexus 7 display isn't very well calibrated, and I'm curious whether or not the Arc has better colour saturation, brightness, etc.
My wife was torn between the Arc & Nexus and the Arc won out for the very reason you note. The Arc had the most vivid colours and otherwise the two are, as she would say, the same to operate.
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #288
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
The screen was the reason I chose the arc also. Compared with the nex 7 the screen just seems that bit better.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #289
TCB911
TCB911 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Kobo arc led

Hello to all

I'm wondering how to turn on the LED next to the camera. I think it's a LED.

So far it's a great tablet!!
TCB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #290
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
That's not an LED. Next to the camera is the microphone and a brightness sensor. Hope that helps.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #291
TCB911

Thanks, I'll never be able to turn that sucker on LOL. I'm loving the tablet, got the 64 gb version for christmas and like others have said, haven't put it down.. Be nice when they come out with more cases for it...
Old 01-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #292
TCB911

If you don't like Tapestries, try the HOLO Lanucher. I've been using it and it works quite well..
Old 01-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #293
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB911 View Post
If you don't like Tapestries, try the HOLO Lanucher. I've been using it and it works quite well..
GO Launcher EX is also good, though it really has too many options. Might want to avoid Apex - it's decent enough, but swiping to remove apps from the recents list doesn't seem to work right unless you're using a live wallpaper.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #294
j0r93_k
j0r93_k began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capjap View Post
I hate that the Arc will not show up as a drive on my Mac. I am contemplating returning it since I can't easily load books to it since it won't mount as a drive
Hey, here is your solution :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ector.droidnas
And without cable ! I have tested it, it works really fine.
No need to return your device !
j0r93_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #295
universum
universum began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0r93_k View Post
Hey, here is your solution :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ector.droidnas
And without cable ! I have tested it, it works really fine.
No need to return your device !
Better yet, grab Android File Transfer for Mac, the official Android device browser.

http://www.android.com/filetransfer/
universum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #296
j0r93_k
j0r93_k began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by universum View Post
Better yet, grab Android File Transfer for Mac, the official Android device browser.

http://www.android.com/filetransfer/
Yes, but you have to use an USB cable, which isn't supplied with the Kobo Arc...

Last edited by j0r93_k; 01-23-2013 at 07:04 AM.
j0r93_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #297
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Any microusb to usb cable will do. Just about every mobile phone comes with one.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #298
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
A update was just downloaded on the Arc and I was wondering if this is the promised 4.1? (3:45 pm Atlantic)
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #299
stevov
Groupie

downloading now280 mb update

Last edited by stevov; 01-23-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #300
stevov
Groupie

still on 4.0.4 so not sure what the update was