Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
alajp
alajp began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question help with tranferring files

I added a custom column in calibre "my reviews", but the book reviews i have for each book don't transfer over when i copy my library to another computer...what am i doing wrong?
alajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alajp View Post
I added a custom column in calibre "my reviews", but the book reviews i have for each book don't transfer over when i copy my library to another computer...what am i doing wrong?
There may be a Tweak for that (It also assume that the destination Library has the same structure. There is an option When creating another Library to use the existing ones structure)
Check out this tweak in preferences: tweaks
Code:
# Control how tags are applied when copying books to another library

add_new_book_tags_when_importing_books = True
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
alajp

the two calibre libraries are set up the same...
i already have used the tweak you mentioned...
i also did the copy library as you suggested...still not working...any other ideas?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alajp View Post
the two calibre libraries are set up the same...
i already have used the tweak you mentioned...
i also did the copy library as you suggested...still not working...any other ideas?
(blank )
are you sure the custom column is the EXACT same (case) spelling?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
alajp

yes..exactly..no difference between the two programs....thanks..
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The only way a custom column will not transfer over is if the custom columns in the two libraries are different (either their names are different, i.e. the name that startswith # or their datatypes are different)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote