Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
Segal Michael
Segal Michael began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket book 902 pro
To buy or not to buy

Hello!In next month I will visit US and I am looking to buy Pocketbook 902 Pro.The question is if the Pocketbook has support for Cyrillic.This is important to me because I like to read in Russian language.
Segal Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:23 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi Michael, welcome to this forum!

Pocketbook is an Ukrainian company and it offers support for Cyrillic. The Pocketbook 902 will come with some Russian dictionaries, too.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segal Michael View Post
Hello!In next month I will visit US and I am looking to buy Pocketbook 902 Pro.The question is if the Pocketbook has support for Cyrillic.This is important to me because I like to read in Russian language.
I think, anyway, this problem can be solved installing the latest russian firmware.

http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ua/support/pocketbook-902
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #4
Segal Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post

Pocketbook is an Ukrainian company and it offers support for Cyrillic. The Pocketbook 902 will come with some Russian dictionaries, too.
Billi!Thank you very match for help.Michael
Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #5
Segal Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
I think, anyway, this problem can be solved installing the latest russian firmware.

http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ua/support/pocketbook-902
Thank you very math for help.The only problem is that I have bad experience with Sony reader.I tried to put in new firmware but ...This is the reason that I asked if there is support for Cyrillic.Any way thank you,you really help me.Michael
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Michael, I think in this case you must perhaps forget all your bad experiences with Sony and give it a new try. Pocketbook publishes new firmware versions "quite often".

Anyway, you're not forced to upgrade, if you don't want. Many owners of a PB still use version 2.04. But you have the possibility: there is a 2.05 and a 2.06 out and two alpha or beta versions 2.10 and 2.11.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
Segal Michael

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post

Billi!I get answer from support of this Ukrainian company.You are absolutely right.Thank you.Michael.