Notices

Old 05-05-2009, 03:46 AM   #331
haliava
haliava began at the beginning.

Device: N950/Kindle 3/PRS T1/DR 1000/Kyobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
A short but (at least for some) useful update:
Could you pm text/link to text (as well as to version 3)?

Thanks.
haliava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #332
haytham
haytham began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
today, i purchased another book from another online vendor just to try ineptpdf_v3, and it worked!
i think the error that i was getting earlier (error decrypting book session key) might have to do with that first book i was trying.

thanks for all your help!
haytham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #333
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Riddle me this....

Searched google but doesn't (want to) find anything about ineptpdf.pyw, version 3.

Searching <--

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-05-2009 at 11:52 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #334
BinaryTB
Connoisseur
BinaryTB is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Searching <--
You're right, just tried it, Google doesn't return a match, but definitely did. Guess Google's crawlers are just slow.
BinaryTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #335
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryTB View Post
You're right, just tried it, Google doesn't return a match, but definitely did. Guess Google's crawlers are just slow.
Google only finds it if you have linked it from a well known site. You can add websites manually ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #336
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryTB View Post
LOL - now I get the hint ... it's a brainer =)
Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #337
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
LOL - now I get the hint ... it's a brainer =)
I should have entitled my post above "Riddle me this...." Done!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #338
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Google only finds it if you have linked it from a well known site. You can add websites manually ...
OK, I don't want to be a novice forever. Can someone explain this to me without puns (I'm really bad at them)
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #339
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlypatrick View Post
I've been having issues with PDF1.6, and using NitroPDF to re-save the unDRMed file just did the trick. Basically, I used version 3 of the scripts and the latest ADE to get the key and decrypt. Previously, when I tried opening the unDRMed files, I ended up with errors 131 or error 14. However, I opened and re-saved the file with NitroPDF, and voila! Success!

Hope this helps someone.
You probably have some new feature missing in the decrypted pdf. It's a solution but not a nice one. Can you specifiy which book you bought on which website?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #340
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Can someone explain this to me without puns (I'm really bad at them)
MobileRead has 278 smileys, one of which is the name of a famous search site. Hovering your mouse over a smiley brings up its name.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 PM   #341
itsonlypatrick
itsonlypatrick began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
You probably have some new feature missing in the decrypted pdf. It's a solution but not a nice one. Can you specifiy which book you bought on which website?
Bought the book from Harper Collins.
itsonlypatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #342
joblack
Wizard

Okay, I've adjusted the epub script. Now it has an automated version as well ...
Old 05-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #343
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Okay, I've adjusted the epub script. Now it has an automated version as well ...
You're just having too much fun! We thank you.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #344
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.

I was locked in mortal combat last night trying to convert a PDF to prc.

Half of the jargon is way over my head (OK so I'm dumb).

I do like the idea of being able to convert the whole file though.

Will get back into the trenches and do battle again today.

nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #345
joblack
Wizard

Ok, I just removed my registry and reactivated with the new version of ADE. Script works fine so far.

So they haven't changed the key saving scheme. Very strange - could be that some have more than one key in the registry (the key retrieval gets the first it finds).

People who have problems with this bookkey thing, inspect your registry for more than one entry like

privateLicenseKey

in the

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept]

(To open the registry -> Start -> Execute -> regedit (under XP don't know if that works for Vista)).

PS: I've got another suspicion: Have the ladies/gentlemen changed their hardware in the past and had to reactivate the ADE?

Last edited by joblack; 05-06-2009 at 12:25 PM.