Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
Raptwithal
Connoisseur
Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle now; changing soon...
Question Media apps: no highlighting allowed, right?

I recently received a new HDX 7 -- my first tablet. (Also, I have no smartphone.) Installed on the tablet is the "media app" (I'm calling it), the Washington Post, so that is the first app I have dealt with.

Just to be sure, highlighting or copying of any type is not allowed or enabled when accessing the articles...Is that correct?

For example, if I read a book review and want to highlight or copy bibliographic information so that I can paste it into a note app, I cannot.

Generally, are all media apps like this?

Thanks in advance!!
Raptwithal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:29 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
WP app is New with it you receive 6 months of Free WPs From what I am finding you Cant highlight or tag or comment or well anything but Read LOL Betting in about 6 months when they require money for the subscription people will have ALL those options.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
Raptwithal
Connoisseur
Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Raptwithal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle now; changing soon...
Thanks, Katie, that is helpful.

I'm going to remove the WP app. The newspaper is too "left" for me to begin with, and without the ability to highlight the articles of interest (e.g., book reviews) it is useless.
Raptwithal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlighting, media app