Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tag'?

I've started getting this error on some few ebooks with 0.8.18. I'm stumped as to what's causing it. It occurs when I'm trying to open the book in the default viewer. Just to check, I sent the book as-is to my kindle, and it works fine there, so I've screwed something up in calibre, I assume? Thanks in advance.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.18
ERROR: Could not open ebook: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tag'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 64, in run
File "threading.py", line 483, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 195, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 204, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\input.py", line 27, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader.py", line 406, in extract_content
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader.py", line 657, in upshift_markup
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tag'
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
I've started getting this error on some few ebooks with 0.8.18. I'm stumped as to what's causing it. It occurs when I'm trying to open the book in the default viewer. Just to check, I sent the book as-is to my kindle, and it works fine there, so I've screwed something up in calibre, I assume? Thanks in advance.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.18
ERROR: Could not open ebook: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tag'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 64, in run
File "threading.py", line 483, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 195, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 204, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\input.py", line 27, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader.py", line 406, in extract_content
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader.py", line 657, in upshift_markup
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tag'
I think the from Mobi converter is Broke
I am seeing that message when I try and convert from Mobi to EPUB (The viewer uses EPUB to view). the bookS open fine in MobiPocket Reader.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Yeah it pops up when I try to convert a .mobi, but only those that show the error when trying to open in the viewer. I only noticed it because of checking it in the viewer.

....hmm. Which means that the mobi file that I tried to open may have been converted with (from the source I got it) with the new, bugged converter...which means that your premise is still likely.

Last edited by gweminence; 09-12-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Yeah it pops up when I try to convert a .mobi, but only those that show the error when trying to open in the viewer. I only noticed it because of checking it in the viewer.
Calibre's viewer is essentially an ePub viewer and all books viewed are converted to ePub before viewing.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #5
gweminence
Fat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Calibre's viewer is essentially an ePub viewer and all books viewed are converted to ePub before viewing.
Ah. Any idea what's throwing the error, then?
Old 09-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/846216
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:20 AM   #7
gweminence
Fat Guy

Sweet, thanks, Kovid.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Sweet, thanks, Kovid.

(I just got started with my new mobi device)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote