Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
Ryan_scriptorium
Ryan_scriptorium began at the beginning.

Device: Digital Editions
Cool Table of contents issue - xhtml to epub

Greetings,

In creating an epub from xhtml files, I keep running into an odd problem. First, I load my contents file (with links to all the other files) into the gui, and then when I specify my toc xpath settings, the software reads them, but creates the device toc out of order. All subheading (h2 and h3) tags are nested properly under their respective chapter headings, but the chapters themselves are out of order. Any help would be appreciated.
Ryan_scriptorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Can you post some example files and the conversion settings that you are using. I use calibre to create an epub from html files and it works perfectly. I generate a 3 level TOC and all the chapters are in the correct order. I know that you are using xhtml files rather than html but it would seem unlikely that this difference is the cause of your problem. (You could try some html files to see if there's any difference).
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
table of contents, toc, xhtml