Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #541
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
New Offers (claim by 20 Aug)

Expiring Offers (links in OP)
  • 26- $10 off $20 Kindle Access -- expires 19 Aug
  • 27- $25 GC for Android Phone -- expires 23 Aug
  • 28- $20 off $40 Beauty Products -- expires 23 Aug

Future Offers (via .assets folder)
  • Buy one of 100 Kindle books on Investing for $1
  • Save an extra 50% on back-to-school Groceries

Next Offer(s) should appear 21 Aug

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-17-2011 at 03:00 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #542
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
I see that on Amazon anyone can get an Amazon visa card and get a $40 gift card. I wonder if this KSO $50 gift card offer would be layered on top of that? I do see that the Amazon points you earn with the credit card can't be used for Kindle downloads, if I'm reading that right, which is disappointing.

Speaking of layering, I used the $20 off $40 worth of cosmetics and the $5 off $10 offer to get 6 bottles of my favorite shampoo, which is hard to find locally, for just under $17. My Kindle with Special Offers has now officially paid for itself.
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #543
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statch View Post
I see that on Amazon anyone can get an Amazon visa card and get a $40 gift card. I wonder if this KSO $50 gift card offer would be layered on top of that? I do see that the Amazon points you earn with the credit card can't be used for Kindle downloads, if I'm reading that right, which is disappointing.

Speaking of layering, I used the $20 off $40 worth of cosmetics and the $5 off $10 offer to get 6 bottles of my favorite shampoo, which is hard to find locally, for just under $17. My Kindle with Special Offers has now officially paid for itself.
I'm looking at a 20% off laptop, with free xbox, free printer and free MP3 credit toss in....

AFAIK, you can't get both the 50 and 40 credits on the same application. But, you can get gift cards instead of using points to pay - then use those to buy Kindle books. Your best return, though, is to get cash back and use the credit card to buy gift cards or kindle books (plus some deals require a CC for payment).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #544
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I'm looking at a 20% off laptop, with free xbox, free printer and free MP3 credit toss in....

AFAIK, you can't get both the 50 and 40 credits on the same application. But, you can get gift cards instead of using points to pay - then use those to buy Kindle books. Your best return, though, is to get cash back and use the credit card to buy gift cards or kindle books (plus some deals require a CC for payment).
Thanks for the answer! We were thinking about another credit card anyway.
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:14 AM   #545
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
And I used the $5 offer on the new coffee maker I bought. I gotta say, I'm loving the KSO and it's done what it was supposed to do...it's made me do a lot of my purchasing on Amazon. The prices are often lower anyway, and so, yeah, they've hooked me!
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #546
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New offers today (claim by 24 Aug):

Save an Extra 50% on Back-to-School Groceries at Amazon.com -- expires 24 Sep
Buy a Business or Investing Book for $1 -- expires 24 Sep

The first one is 50% off an order, not an item, you can save hundreds $$ (I did). Can layer on individual promo codes from items (nearly every item I purchased had 5%-15% off) and coupon codes (Amazon gives these out randomly, but I hit on four of them with my order).

Both offers are one per device.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:59 PM   #547
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:

The first one is 50% off an order, not an item, you can save hundreds $$ (I did). Can layer on individual promo codes from items (nearly every item I purchased had 5%-15% off) and coupon codes (Amazon gives these out randomly, but I hit on four of them with my order).
Does that include the products listed in the left column under "Browse"? Or just the products in the middle? Also, does it work if I choose the Subscribe and Save option?

I've never used a Kindle coupon before.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #548
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Does that include the products listed in the left column under "Browse"? Or just the products in the middle? Also, does it work if I choose the Subscribe and Save option?

It includes the products on the left under "browse". When you click on any of the subcategories on the left, for example cereal, it shows you the cereals included in the back to school sale items. It does not show you all of the cereals amazon sells, only those included. If you aren't sure, check the heading at the top of the page and it will say something like "Grocery & Gourmet Food › Back to School › Cereal"

The subscribe and save option works too, but with subscribe and save it seems like you can only order one type of item at a time...since you don't get a shopping cart to edit. I ordered 2 boxes of popchips in the same flavor. It totaled the subscribe and save price, then took half off. It also applied my $10 and $5 credits I had in my account so I paid almost nothing
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:51 AM   #549
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brdwygurl View Post
It includes the products on the left under "browse". When you click on any of the subcategories on the left, for example cereal, it shows you the cereals included in the back to school sale items. It does not show you all of the cereals amazon sells, only those included. If you aren't sure, check the heading at the top of the page and it will say something like "Grocery & Gourmet Food › Back to School › Cereal"

The subscribe and save option works too, but with subscribe and save it seems like you can only order one type of item at a time...since you don't get a shopping cart to edit. I ordered 2 boxes of popchips in the same flavor. It totaled the subscribe and save price, then took half off. It also applied my $10 and $5 credits I had in my account so I paid almost nothing
Thank you! Yes, I had clicked on the browse items and saw that they said "Back to School"... but I still wasn't sure they were included.

I also appreciate what you said about the Subscribe and Save. I hadn't really thought about how that works and that I'd only be able to use the coupon for one item.

Decisions, decisions...
Old 08-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #550
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post

I used the link for "All Back To School Products." Once there, find "Seller" in the menu on the left and click the box next to Amazon (the coupon only works on items sold by Amazon). That leaves about 1500 items, including coffee, dog snacks, cookies, cereal, candy, box meals, instant meals (mac & cheese) and lots more.

If you use Subscribe and Save, you'll get an extra 15% on that one item - but then your coupon is gone. It's one-use coupon.

So, if you want to save the most (and have items you eat that Amazon sells at reasonable or good prices, add all the items to the cart. As you look at each item, check to see if it also has a promotion code; if so, copy it to notepad to use during checkout. Some items have individualized coupons (I hit four with $1 off), which show up right below the product title and before any other description or promo code - about where the "other formats" section is on a kindle book. When your cart is full, proceed to checkout and enter first your 50% off coupon (and check the savings, see if half came off; if it didn't, make sure each item is sold by amazon -- you can see that in the order page at this point; remove any that aren't -- or don't, I know my mom added items to her order that didn't qualify, just to get the free shipping since they were with the items that did). Then, enter each of the added promo codes you found.

If there are items you buy that are on the list (or items you want to try), you can quickly save the cost of a brand new KSO with this coupon - if you don't have one, order today, get it tomorrow and sign up for the coupon immediately; you have a month to use it, although I expect the BTS sale to thin out over the next few weeks.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #551
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
I used the link for "All Back To School Products." Once there, find "Seller" in the menu on the left and click the box next to Amazon (the coupon only works on items sold by Amazon).
Thank you! I hadn't thought of narrowing it down to just the Amazon items. That helps a lot.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #552
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Only one new offers today (claim by 28 Aug):

Save $20 on a $50 purchase of coffee & tea essentials at Amazon.com -- expires 28 Sep

One per device.

The other "offer" was an ad for two free audiobooks for new members only at Audible, which they have had for months (you have to link it to your Kindle account, also).
Old 08-25-2011, 01:39 PM   #553
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Quote:

Buy a Business or Investing Book for $1 -- expires 24 Sep

Both offers are one per device.
Did yours look anything like this?
Subtotal of Items: $399.85
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$23.09
Promotion Applied: -$25.34
Promotion Applied: -$199.93
Total for this Order: $151.49

Of course, I got them all with 2 day free prime shipping. I basically loaded up on cereal and senseo coffee pods. They had a 15% coupon for the coffee, and 10% off the cereal...both were already the same price or cheaper than our local grocer. Let's just say I'll have enough breakfasts to get me through the zombie apocalypse.

This KSO, in just one offer, paid for itself nearly twice over.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #554
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post

Of course, I got them all with 2 day free prime shipping. I basically loaded up on cereal and senseo coffee pods. They had a 15% coupon for the coffee, and 10% off the cereal...both were already the same price or cheaper than our local grocer. Let's just say I'll have enough breakfasts to get me through the zombie apocalypse.

A little bit, yes (but, you did a bit better, as most of mine were little $2 off each of a smaller items). I also got cereal, crackers, nuts and snacks we get all the time and a couple of new ones that we'll eat, in any case. Much cheaper than getting them locally, here in two days (and no gas money or walking the aisles full of screaming kids to get them).
Old 08-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #555
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post

I spent even more than you, and included a couple non-back to school items.

Subtotal of Items: $459.10
Shipping & Handling: $58.80
Super Saver Discount: -$58.80
Promotion Applied: -$1.84
Promotion Applied: -$5.97
Promotion Applied: -$15.94
Promotion Applied: -$3.66
Promotion Applied: -$4.15
Promotion Applied: -$13.20
Promotion Applied: -$216.50
------
Total: $197.84

Thanks for the ordering advice Koland and Brdwygurl! I appreciate the enabling.

Last edited by blue_skies; 08-26-2011 at 09:02 PM.