Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 01:20 AM   #1
simonp
simonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
How to completely remove enraging highlight marks?

Personally, I find the addition of other people's highlights on my Kindle 2 completely enraging (hope you are reading this Amazon ).

I see I can stop the Kindle displaying the number of highlighters. However, I don't seem to be able to remove the highlight line itself. (The dotted line is still there under the text, though without the number of people who have tagged the passage).

Is there anyway to remove this annoying line?

If not, I hope it is removed in the next software upgrade. It really is enough to make me buy an e-reader that doesn't have this feature when it's time to upgrade. I always hated it when people underlined passages in library books, why would I feel any differently about ebooks?
simonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
simonp
simonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enoughsimonp will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
Well, I'll answer my own post to say I discovered when an option says "turn off" in the Settings, is not in fact off, but on. So the highlights have been banished from my Kindle.
simonp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I believe on the K3 it is one one of the settings' pages, or possible when on a setting page, pressing menu again. There must be a way to turn it off on the k2, I'd suspect.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonp View Post
Well, I'll answer my own post to say I discovered when an option says "turn off" in the Settings, is not in fact off, but on. So the highlights have been banished from my Kindle.
Thanks for this. I turned mine off too.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote