Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #46
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Which is the "EXIT" button?
The two part circle: The bigger bigger, reverse moon shape, is the OK, menu key.
The smaller pointed oval is the return or EXIT key.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:06 AM   #47
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I think the buttons should have the numbers and symbols engraved into the buttona instead of applied to the surface. This will make it so the numbers and symbols are legible even after the paint wears off.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:58 AM   #48
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post
I think the buttons should have the numbers and symbols engraved into the buttona instead of applied to the surface. This will make it so the numbers and symbols are legible even after the paint wears off.
Get out the dremel tool
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #49
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyRich View Post
The side arrow is "Hot stamped" into the button (I had my button peel on me).
The Silver (on the Blue model) may wear off in time and just leave the Arrow outline. I have seen Cash Register Number pads (where the part cost more than the the EZReader) that wear off in a year of heavy use.

By the time they wear, you should have learned what they are for.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:12 AM   #50
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Get out the dremel tool
No need, the only key that is slightly "smudged" on my BeBook is the 0 or page forward, since I hold it right handed, thats the one I use all the time.

and once it's completly faded, I'll still know what it is for
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #51
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Not to mention, I bet it might be very feasable to simply order new buttons, and replace them yourself. RobertB might be able to answer.

And if this IS possible, think of the possibilities.

Blue reader with Black Buttons - classy
Pink reader with Purple Buttons
Maroon reader with White buttons

some very nice combos.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #52
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
Not to mention, I bet it might be very feasable to simply order new buttons, and replace them yourself. RobertB might be able to answer.

And if this IS possible, think of the possibilities.

Blue reader with Black Buttons - classy
Pink reader with Purple Buttons
Maroon reader with White buttons

some very nice combos.
Well, I think I'd pass on the middle selection, somehow I think my reading experience would be lessened by that color combination.

But white buttons would look spiffy on my reader!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #53
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
This may have been mentioned already I didn't go through the whole thread but it occurred to me as I'm testing the latest firmware on my EZ-Reader. It would be nice if all the different parsers had a help screen that listed all of the key functions for that parser. That way people don't have to dig through manual or randomly push buttons to find what each one does.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:32 AM   #54
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Are they listening to us here? Robert does check in on occasion, HI Robert! I have gone from hating this Pocket Pro to loving it, what with Calibre.

Still, as I have said I think elsewhere, it would be a nice feature if hyphenation was optional. I would also second the clock, though a clock may be hardware dependent?

Just my thoughts at this point.

Oh, and more font size options, especially in landscape mode.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #55
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
I have gone from hating this Pocket Pro to loving it, what with Calibre.
Thomas, have you mentioned that in the threads where you said that you hated it?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #56
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thomas, have you mentioned that in the threads where you said that you hated it?
I suppose I implied it... But now I love it! Yay, Calibre! I will have to donate!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #57
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Proper translations

They should put a little more effort into proper language translations provided by native speakers (for messages and menus). For example, "Press button cancel to quit searching" should be "Press cancel button to quit searching", and "English speaking" should be something like "Text to speech" or "Text to audio", and "Not be used" should be simply "Not used".

I encountered quite a number of "unusual phrasings" over the course of just a few days of casual use.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #58
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
They should put a little more effort into proper language translations provided by native speakers (for messages and menus). For example, "Press button cancel to quit searching" should be "Press cancel button to quit searching", and "English speaking" should be something like "Text to speech" or "Text to audio", and "Not be used" should be simply "Not used".

I encountered quite a number of "unusual phrasings" over the course of just a few days of casual use.
I would think, based upon my limited programming knowledge, that fix would take all of about three minutes or less.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #59
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post

Agreed. I've had some difficulty understanding the directions given in several cases.

Also, they claim that .lit files are supported. So I'd like to see .lit files actually working!

Last edited by Jane A; 09-20-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:21 AM   #60
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
Also, they claim that .lit files are supported. So I'd like to see .lit files actually working!
I would like to see that as well!