Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
LightHouse Lady
Enthusiast
LightHouse Lady began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Cant send books to Kindle

I am trying to get my books to my new kindle. I feel really lame here because I got one on and then no more.

I connected my computer to the kindle via cable and then right clicked on a book, used "send to device" .. "main memory" and it worked.

Now that "send to main memory" is grayed out and I cannot send another book to the Kindle.

I unplugged and plugged in again but it won't work.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
LL
LightHouse Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
LightHouse Lady
Enthusiast

Well, I just manually dragged the book from Calibre to my Kindle as a file. Just used the old fashioned computer file to file way.

Hope that is ok and does not harm anything.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:23 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightHouse Lady View Post
I connected my computer to the kindle via cable and then right clicked on a book, used "send to device" .. "main memory" and it worked.

Now that "send to main memory" is grayed out and I cannot send another book to the Kindle.
First the grayed out "send to main memory" you outlined in another thread. Please avoid posting the same problem twice.

Just make sure only the Kindle is connected to your computer. Currently it looks like your iPod Touch is hooked up for charging. Assuming you use the Connect to iTunes feature when you want to transfer books to your iPod Touch then you can prevent the iPod from interfering with your Kindle by going to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins and disabling the Apple plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightHouse Lady View Post
Well, I just manually dragged the book from Calibre to my Kindle as a file. Just used the old fashioned computer file to file way.

Hope that is ok and does not harm anything.
Dragging books this way will ensure that any recent metadata changes, like author or title will not be in the book when you drag it to the Kindle.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
LightHouse Lady
Enthusiast

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I looked at the device plug ins and Apple is not enabled. I tried again this morning and it is still grayed out.

I would like to get this right so that I can read my Calibre library on my Kindle. Any other ideas for me to try?

I appreciate it

Tried it on my desktop computer and it worked just fine. Must be the settings for Calibre on the laptop.

Last edited by LightHouse Lady; 02-26-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: update