Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #16
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm not so concerned for direct Mobipocket output, but output of files that work nicely with the current Mobipocket Creator.
If you see any problems, please report them and I'll get to them when I can. I know a lot of people have been looking for that holy grail of multi-format ebook editing, the One Source File . Anything I can do to help you guys out I'll do gladly.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #17
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I'm opening Calibre epubs just fine on Linux (running Ubuntu Jaunty). You'll have to provide some more information.
What version of calibre do you use ? I'm using 0.6.4. Sigil is 0.1.0.
Said ePubs are converted from prc files.
I'm also using jaunthy.

Oh, and if i where to add a function : file search !
And a way to "synchronise" code view and book view.

wisiwig seam to act weird when trying to add header. And it's slow saving. (Then, it's a 1M file i'm editing, so i'm looking for trouble there.)
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #18
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
It's Sunday --- my day off from work. I now know what I'll be playing with today!

Congratulations, and great work!!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #19
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I know a lot of people have been looking for that holy grail of multi-format ebook editing, the One Source File . Anything I can do to help you guys out I'll do gladly.
Well, I'll be preparing (I hope) two ebooks over the next few months, and it looks like this might be the best tool to do the ePUBs with. It certainly looks promising so far. And if best for ePUBs, I'll certainly hope to use the same source files to at least generate the PRC. Lit and eReader and LFR I'm happy for Calibre to do.

Thanks very much for all your time and care spent so far - it shows, even in the pre-beta state.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #20
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
What version of calibre do you use ? I'm using 0.6.4. Sigil is 0.1.0.
Said ePubs are converted from prc files.
I'm also using jaunthy.
Create an issue and attach the epub file you are having problems with.

Quote:
Oh, and if i where to add a function : file search !
You mean a search & replace dialog? That's on my TODO list. But "file" search? I'm not sure I follow.

Quote:
And a way to "synchronise" code view and book view.
The next release will have the views remember their scrollbar positions when you switch between them. Synchronizing them directly (scrolling in one scrolls the other) is technically challenging, at least keeping it accurate. I can't just link the two scrollbars together since the Code View is showing a lot more text than Book View. Book View also displays images. All ideas I come up with (like scroll ratios) fail in certain situations. There's just no way to keep the two accurately linked for large files.

I could use the location of the caret in the HTML tree as the sync point, but if you scrolled away from from the caret and then switched Views, the other View would not show your past location but the caret's location.

If anyone has any ideas on how to implement this, I'm all ears.

Quote:
wisiwig seam to act weird when trying to add header.
"Weird" is hardly something I can test for.

Quote:
And it's slow saving. (Then, it's a 1M file i'm editing, so i'm looking for trouble there.)
It really shouldn't be. What kind of file is that? Create an issue and attach the file. Also, what kind of hardware are you running? Add all of this information to the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thanks very much for all your time and care spent so far - it shows, even in the pre-beta state.
Thank you for the kind words.

Last edited by Valloric; 08-02-2009 at 10:45 AM. Reason: typo
Advert
Old 08-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Excellent news and congratulations on getting this project started.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
re: window synchronization

I did somethng very similar for a gov't contract many years ago. On load, each entity is given sequential number. When the user scrolled data was sent from one display to the other and caused an update. This occured On Click and on Scroll. I don't remember the details and I do remember using some special tools, but maybe the idea is applicable here. BTW, the OS wasn't Windows.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #23
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Quote:
I could use the location of the caret in the HTML tree as the sync point, but if you scrolled away from from the caret and then switched Views, the other View would not show your past location but the caret's location.
Wouldn't it work if both Views did it? I mean: keep the WYSIWYG View linked to the caret position of the Code View, and when the WYSIWYG has focus, keep the Code View synced to wherever you are working. Scrolling shouldn't matter, because you're not doing anything. If you want to see the alternate View equivalent, just click in the frame.

Or top left corner (in Left-to-Right languages.) Whatever is in the top left corner of the focused View is what is in the top left corner of the other View. When you scroll in WYSIWYG, Code would fly by, if Code has focus then WYSIWYG would scroll slower.

I imagine I've over-simplified.

m a r
Old 08-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #24
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I did somethng very similar for a gov't contract many years ago. On load, each entity is given sequential number. When the user scrolled data was sent from one display to the other and caused an update. This occured On Click and on Scroll. I don't remember the details and I do remember using some special tools, but maybe the idea is applicable here. BTW, the OS wasn't Windows.
Oh I have no problems sending data from one View to the other: Qt's Signals&Slots mechanism works great here. It's just that even though both Views use the same code, CV shows it directly, while BV renders it out. The vertical size of the content is completely different. And it's not proprotional, so I can't just say "Ok, if BV is 2/3 down the page, CV needs to be 2/3 down the page too". An image takes up a lot of space in BV but only a line of code in CV.

The last thing idea I came up with was to track what element was in the center of the any view and try to make the other view match that. But this would be rather computationally expensive. That, and I don't have clue how I would implement it.

Adobe Dreamweaver seems to take the caret position approach I talked about. This is probably the route I'm going to take.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #25
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
Wouldn't it work if both Views did it? I mean: keep the WYSIWYG View linked to the caret position of the Code View, and when the WYSIWYG has focus, keep the Code View synced to wherever you are working. Scrolling shouldn't matter, because you're not doing anything. If you want to see the alternate View equivalent, just click in the frame.
That's what I meant and that's what Dreaweaver does. I'll probably go with that idea.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Another possibility is to use hit testing/QWebElement in the rendered view to figure out exactly where you should be in the code view. Should be fairly robust.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #27
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
You mean a search & replace dialog? That's on my TODO list.
Great

Quote:
It really shouldn't be. What kind of file is that? Create an issue and attach the file. Also, what kind of hardware are you running? Add all of this information to the issue.
Just an awful lot a text
It keeps causing problems because of that Sigil does its job relatively well given what i put it through.

I also fond a problem with generated id's. Some are the same, and that cause the TOC to mess up.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you add in a search and replace function, can you also add in regex at the same time please? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #29
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Another possibility is to use hit testing/QWebElement in the rendered view to figure out exactly where you should be in the code view. Should be fairly robust.
I am unable to find QWebElement in the Qt 4.5 class list. A top result of a google search shows that this class was added in Qt 4.6, which has yet to be released.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #30
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When you add in a search and replace function, can you also add in regex at the same time please? Thanks!
A Search&Replace dialog without regex support is of course absolutely unacceptable. So yeah, you can count on it being included.
Closed Thread