Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
xtoff47
xtoff47 began at the beginning.

Device: Windows XP desktop
Windows desktop reader: note handling & multimonitors: what software?

Any software for Windows XP desktop which will allow export to .txt or .doc or .rtf of notes and annotations?

My workaround at the moment is to read in .epub in Sony Reader for PC, highlight passages, make notes and then to export to .rtf
Using calibre to manage library but I find no function for note handling (unless I am among the reading, walking blind) in calibre.

2) Any reading software which allows for multi monitor use?

Thanks in advance.
xtoff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtoff47 View Post
Any software for Windows XP desktop which will allow export to .txt or .doc or .rtf of notes and annotations?

My workaround at the moment is to read in .epub in Sony Reader for PC, highlight passages, make notes and then to export to .rtf
Using calibre to manage library but I find no function for note handling (unless I am among the reading, walking blind) in calibre.

2) Any reading software which allows for multi monitor use?

Thanks in advance.
I use up to 3 monitors when editing (tweaking) EPUBS.
1 may have Calibre and Sigil,
another has Notepad++ for coding notes and code snippets
the 3rd gets detached tools/Calibre viewer (to check edit success )

The notes are not hard linked to the WIP, but a well thought naming convention might work
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert