Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-25-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Issues with Software 2.5

Hi!

Software 2.5 has just arrived.

If you have any issues with the Software then post them here.

I have one right here...

Sound is always on and can't be turned off...anyone else have that?

Thanks.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
yes sounds are stuck on

Last edited by deadite66; 07-25-2006 at 07:39 AM.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2006, 07:37 AM   #3
Tscherno
iLiad Geek
Tscherno began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad #505; Sony T1, Amazon Paperwhite first Gen & sec is coming!
My CF-Card which worked in 2.4 stopped working.
Tscherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:40 AM   #4
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
my Canon (rebadged sandisk) 16Mb CF is still working

still can't access via wlan, guess i'll have to fiddle with router settings
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:20 AM   #5
Tscherno
iLiad Geek

Still remounts after unmounting in OS X.

Zooming in PDF and Pages in HTML are still missing.
Advert
Old 07-25-2006, 09:47 AM   #6
LittleTalker
Connoisseur
LittleTalker began at the beginning.

@CommanderRor
I don't have my iLiad at hand to try this but, have you tried pluggin in your earphones? Maybe that would cancel the speaker output as a temporary solution while the software gets fixed.
Also, my iLiad came with sound on and it doesn't sound. Maybe you should have turned it off before upgrading and the result is the locking of the option [this is absolutely speculative of course, but I'll sure turn sound off before upgrading and let you know about the result]
LittleTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
hmm, i only got the pre-2.5.
Now it says download completed all the time.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:54 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

@LittleTalker

I had Sound set to "Off" when I did the update...so that wasn't it apparently.

@Tribble that is a strange error...did you restart your device after the 2.5 update
Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
yap, got pre2.5, did update (waited for blank screen) that restart, and another ids connect. But no download. The woman from the callcenter said, it might be a server overload problem. Ill try again later
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:57 AM   #10
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
@ tribble: you are not alone. I have the same problem as you, after installing pre-2.5. Same message "download complete" without any download.
@ CommaderROR: Yes, I restarted my Iliad.

Quote:
Ill try again later
Me too. It is still a bit odd.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #11
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
AUDIO

* giving synthetic audio feedback for page flips, which are already acompanied by a "natural" mechanic sound does not make much sense and abuses design philisophy...

SCRIBBLING

* erasing simply turns black lines into white lines, which is not such a good idea if you are drawing on images...
* PEN pressure is useless, as is the eraser button (is it one?) on the pen. Which is rather stupid from an ergonomic point of view...

FOLDER NAVIGATION

* I still cannot go directly back to the folder I came from when I am viewing a document.
* for productive use I need more file information than is shown at the moment

PDF VIEWER

* Viewing password protected PDF leads to a never ending loading progress bar. Only activating the keyboad by chance will bring up the password dialog, which is resized to fullscreen and therefore pretty unergonomic

USER INTERFACE / DESIGN

* While having a progress indicator during loading of documents is a good idea, using the page indicators for it is a bad idea from a design point of view. It does not make much sense and abuses a rather good design philipsophy of viewing the page numbers. Do not spoil a good design by quick and dirty workarounds which are in danger to become permanent ones...

* Using a dark boot up screen is not very E-Ink like. The big advantage of E-Ink is it's high contrast. So why not using som elegant black on white calligraphics or something like that, which harmonizes good with the design of the user interface?

* Using expanding and collapsing sub menus (scribble) is not harmonizing with a low fps screen. Do it a different way, please!

DEVICE SETTINGS

* no dialog for setting the date and time

Last edited by R2D2; 07-25-2006 at 10:17 AM.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #12
Tscherno
iLiad Geek

Another one: Recalibration for Pen still missing
Old 07-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #13
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2
* Using expanding and collapsing sub menus (scribble) is not harmonizing with a low fps screen. Do it a different way, please!
Low fps? Think positive! High spf!
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:26 AM   #14
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

There is now apparently a new 2.5 Update with bugfixes...just got notification...will redownload shortly...^^
Old 07-25-2006, 11:28 AM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
Low fps? Think positive! High spf!
So ... you can read your e-texts in bright sunlight and not worry about getting sunburned?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote