Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
tonyc46
tonyc46 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Gen 6
Use Filename as Title in ANY Reader

Apologies if this has been covered. I tried several searches and couldn't find this topic.

I am trying to find how to get a reader to use the filename as the title rather than the metadata. I have tried Mantano, Moon+, Aldiko, etc. They all import the title from the metadata (apparently).

For example, I have a book called thisbook.pdf that is showing a title of ISBN.pdf. The filename is thisbook.pdf so I'm assuming the ISBN as the title is coming from the metadata (as I remember, when I got these books they were titled using the ISBN).

This seems to be happening mostly in PDFs.

I think I have two choices:

1. Find a reader that will support listing the books by filename and not use the metadata.
2. Find a program that will rewrite the title metadata field with the filename. I'd need a program that would do this in batch since I have a lot of books that are having this problem. I would also prefer having it for Mac, although I could do it on a PC.

RE #2: I use Calibre and was hoping there was a script, plugin, etc. that would do this automatically in Calibre. However, I haven't been able to find anything like that.

Thanks for the help.
tonyc46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Are you sure your using Moon+, since Moon+ does not support PDF.

You can write a script and use PDFTK to update the metadata.

Personally I think Alkdio and Mantano are lacking PDF readers. For PDF I typically use ezPDF or RepliGo since they support most if not all PDF standards. Also they don't read the metadata--that can be viewed as a bad thing but in your case it's a good thing.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
tonyc46
tonyc46 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Gen 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Are you sure your using Moon+, since Moon+ does not support PDF.

You can write a script and use PDFTK to update the metadata.

Personally I think Alkdio and Mantano are lacking PDF readers. For PDF I typically use ezPDF or RepliGo since they support most if not all PDF standards. Also they don't read the metadata--that can be viewed as a bad thing but in your case it's a good thing.

=X=
When I wrote that, I just tossed out all the readers I was using. I'm not sure which I used for a particular format.

I'll try ezPDF and Repligo. It sounds like they may do what I am looking for.

Thanks for the info.
tonyc46 is offline   Reply With Quote