Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > ePub Books (offline)

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Various: Railroad Man's Magazine Sampler. V1. 27 Jan 2012

Railroad Magazine
Titled The Railroad Man's Magazine to Jun-1913; then Railroad and Current Mechanics to Dec-1913; then Railroad Man's Magazine to 18-Jan-1919 when it merged with Argosy until Dec-1929 when it restarted; titled Railroad Stories from Feb-1932; then Railroad Magazine from Sep-1937 to Jan-1979.

PEACE AT LAST—GEORGE FOXHALL

A DOG-HOUSE DETECTIVE—HERBERT MacALPINE

Old Man Baker’s Demise Caused Some Trouble Until a Wild Plunge Unearthed the Truth.

THE MAN ON THE PILOT ENGINE AND THE BATTLE AT THE SWITCH—JOHNSTON McCULLEY

Richard Hughes—Railroad Detective

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-27-2012 at 02:56 PM.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
thechief
thechief began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader PRS-600
Dear Crutledge, The attatched file for Railroad Mans Magazine, is not an ePub, but a HTML, which leads me to a page with this message, {The file is located at the following US location: http://down.4dots.com/81783/Railroad Man's Magazine Sampler.mobi}. My computer has no idea what an .mobi file is, and will not open the file. Can you please tell a newbi what he needs to do to see these great old pulp magazines. I actually have a decent collection of some of the Railroad Stories in paper form, includeing a 1909 copy. Thanks in advance for any help.
thechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechief View Post
Dear Crutledge, The attatched file for Railroad Mans Magazine, is not an ePub, but a HTML, which leads me to a page with this message, {The file is located at the following US location: http://down.4dots.com/81783/Railroad Man's Magazine Sampler.mobi}. My computer has no idea what an .mobi file is, and will not open the file. Can you please tell a newbi what he needs to do to see these great old pulp magazines. I actually have a decent collection of some of the Railroad Stories in paper form, includeing a 1909 copy. Thanks in advance for any help.
I am not sure what your problem may be. A MOBI file is for the Kindle. When I click on the URL I get an epub.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote