Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #16
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
I picked up 6 Jon Land books and 7 books in the Dortmunder series by Donald Westlake. Even at these low prices, it was a bit scary buying 13 books in 5-10 minutes.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
How can you filter that list to get a genre?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #18
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
There are genres here:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks/...ode=1286228011

Sony has the 80% off Open Road promo running as well. Although, the one book I tried to price match was $2 more on the Sony Store.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #19
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thanks. Nothing good in romance. I bought a couple Lois Lenski books for my girls.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks. Nothing good in romance. I bought a couple Lois Lenski books for my girls.
I bought Nan Ryan, Heather Graham's Shannon Drake titles. These are Historical back titles.

Nan Ryan is mostly Westerns and Civil War romance. I use to own a few in paperback and lost them so having them back made my day!

Other Historical authors in romance is Patricia Gaffney, Andrea Kane.
Andrea Kane is a well known Historical Romance Author so good to see her books in ebooks form. I own the hard copies.

If you like old Loveswept there is Suzanne Forster, Mary Kay McComas and Judy Griffith Gill back titles.

Best to use FictionDB to go back and forth to identify these books. There is alot of goodies here just hidden by ugly covers. These are all back list titles just normally outrageously priced made affordable for today only.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-26-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
just picked up 2 mysteries for 0.99 each. either way, we'll be seeing holiday sales as well, so i'm holding off for that, lol.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #22
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
The Daily Deal page has genres, or you can do an Advanced Search for Open Road as the publisher and the genre as the subject.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #23
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Underwhelmed by the Fantasy and SciFi titles
Too bad....
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #24
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Per the email I just got from Open Road, Sony, B&N, and Apple are also participating.
Heads up just went to buy one of the romance deals(Suzanne Forster) and the price reduced from $2 to $1.30 the cart was applying the code November35 to the sale price yay for extra discount. I do note though that it seems to be applied to one book only so choose wisely
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #25
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
The fact that five of my favourite authors were present didn't help.
Elizabeth Hand, Barbara Vine and Robert McCammon were there in droves and there was even a book there from Peter Straub and Iain Banks. *feeling faint*

There were also two on my current wishlist by Hubert Selby Jr: Requiem for a Dream and Last Exit to Brooklyn.

So I pretty much scooped the lot of 'em. I am such a sucker!!!!

Looking at the Mystery/Thriller section though I think there's some of us out there that are going to have a harder time of it than I did. I'm expecting we'll start seeing members filing for bankruptcy.
I just started browsing and have already decided on a Ken Bruen. After switching tabs and reading your (a man after my own heart) post, I see there's going to be Vine, Banks and lots more. I'm done for!
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #26
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Just what I need... Another excuse to spend money

Picked up a couple Octavia Butler books, a couple Timothy Zahn books and a single non-fiction. I'll have to take another look this evening when I get home from work.

As a side note -- Three books by Erich von Däniken??? Do people still believe/read these fables?
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #27
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Underwhelmed by the Fantasy and SciFi titles
Too bad....
Me too.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #28
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
As a side note -- Three books by Erich von Däniken??? Do people still believe/read these fables?
I once tried to read a sample of Chariots of the Gods but I couldn't make any sense of it. I've seen the author on TV. He sounds very enthusiastic about the idea of ancient aliens as the real basis behind much of mythology and religion.

I decided to fill some gaps in my reading with Pearl S. Buck, Dee Brown, and Barbara Hambly's Darwarth Trilogy. Note that the last item is available both as a non X-ray enabled omnibus of the first three books, and the same titles individually with X-ray enabled. The omnibus costs slightly less.

I was tempted to buy the Peter Wimsey mysteries by Dorothy L. Sayers but complaints about typos made me too wary to buy.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #29
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ have a look a his books. I was a skeptic once, but his photos of things that can't be explained with science are convincing - my final doubts fell when I read about that crystal skull that shows no working marks even under the best microscopes - even today, you could not produce it.

Jgaiser, thanks for the heads up.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #30
nesler
Zealot
nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
^ have a look a his books. I was a skeptic once, but his photos of things that can't be explained with science are convincing - my final doubts fell when I read about that crystal skull that shows no working marks even under the best microscopes - even today, you could not produce it.

Jgaiser, thanks for the heads up.
Um... they have tool marks.

And a second article written by an anthropologist at the Smithsonian.

(I apologize for the off-topic post. Just... Chariots of the Gods gets my dander up.)

Last edited by nesler; 11-26-2012 at 04:06 PM.
nesler is offline   Reply With Quote