Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
MachinegunDojo
MachinegunDojo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Math Books

I am getting into Physics and need to brush up on my Math as it's been a few years since Highschool. Though it'll be a few months till I can get into College(unless I goto the Air Force instead) I want to have what I can learned and progressing further. Plus I wanna do cool things I can't do without this knowledge

So I wanna start from nearly the beginning with Geometry or Algebra and brush up on all the things I haven't used in a long while. I just don't know of any good sources to use, plus I figure someone here might know better sources for a future physicist.

BTW I just bought a Kindle, can't wait for it to arrive on the 13th! My first eBook reader, got it almost solely for this purpose.
MachinegunDojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Have a look at
http://mathbooks.110mb.com/mylist.php
you might find something useful
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Bertrand Russell:
Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy

http://people.umass.edu/klement/russell-imp.html
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Here you go, dude(dette). Enjoy!

Downloadable Books:
Euclid's Elements
College Algebra
Trigonometry
Precalculus
Calculus
Calculus
Calculus
Calculus Refresher
Calculus Of One Variable
Elementary Calculus: An Infinitesimal Approach
Paul's Online Math Notes
Kenneth Kuttler

Online Books:
Elementary Algebra With Applications
SparkNotes Math IC
SparkNotes Math IIC
SparkNotes Math
Calculus For Beginners And Artists
Understanding Calculus

Several of these can also be found in Lulu, if you care for cheap physical copies.

Last edited by Jaime_Astorga; 04-12-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
For Euclid's Elements you might prefer Joyce's Java version:

http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/jav.../elements.html

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #6
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
There are many versions of Euclid's Elements floating around, as it is to be expected from a famous public domain work. Wikipedia links to a few more.
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
MachinegunDojo
MachinegunDojo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thank you guys.

If anyone has read any particularly good books on Math in general, especially Algebra based, and enjoyed it I'd like to know about them as well.
MachinegunDojo is offline   Reply With Quote